300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Carry

Question maybe someone can answer? Can the Capitol Police, Park Police, Secret Service, and DC Police carry off duty? How about outside of DC since most of them live in MD or VA. If you live in MD or VA can you carry home or do you have to leave it at work or apply for a carry permit in the state you live in? Just wondering if someone can clarify that.

Originally posted by njsurfer
    Question maybe someone can answer? Can the Capitol Police, Park Police, Secret Service, and DC Police carry off duty? How about outside of DC since most of them live in MD or VA. If you live in MD or VA can you carry home or do you have to leave it at work or apply for a carry permit in the state you live in? Just wondering if someone can clarify that.

With HR 218 off duty police officers may carry in all 50 states. Look up the law for your information on google.

USCP, USPP, USSS could all carry even before the law was passed because they are federal law enforcement officers givin those powers.

Comment

off duty officers could carry in VA, even before HR 218. it's in VA code. i don't know about the laws in MD, but most officers still carried while off duty in MD.
      "Those who fight monsters should take care that they never become one. For when you stand and look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
      ~ Frederich Nietsche

Comment

For Fed's, the restrictions are usually generated by the agency. As a Special Agent, I had no restrictions - I could carry any place, any time, including (pre 9-1-1) on aircraft. Other agerncies limited who could carry and where. Customs Inspectors at one time could not carry off duty on their badge.
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

I can only speak for Capitol Police.....we are actually required to carry at all times in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth
            For Fed's, the restrictions are usually generated by the agency. As a Special Agent, I had no restrictions - I could carry any place, any time, including (pre 9-1-1) on aircraft. Other agerncies limited who could carry and where. Customs Inspectors at one time could not carry off duty on their badge.
            So what's the deal now with casrring on aircraft?
            COMPLACENCY KILLS COPS.

Sean Taylor - 21 - Never Forget

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Comment

Originally posted by CapCop
              I can only speak for Capitol Police.....we are actually required to carry at all times in the US.

Recomend you carry but not mandatory when off duty.
              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

What happens when an officer travels by air? He cant carry on his person while on the plane right? Hed have to check the firearm?

Comment

Originally posted by Doxparadise
                  What happens when an officer travels by air? He cant carry on his person while on the plane right? Hed have to check the firearm?

Curious about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxparadise
                    Depends on agency policy for Feds.....

Most State/Locals cannot carry on planes......but there are exceptions to that.....

I would think that OPSEC would be the rule here.....and if you become employed as a LEO....you can find out then.....

Comment

As far as I know (I RETIRED), you have to take the TSA course, and then it is by agency. FBI, USSS, and Customs used to carry all the time on planes. Other agencies had their own rules.

It's not OPSEC - you would never know I was a Fed or Armed when I flew.
                      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                      John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2314 users online. 152 members and 2162 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X