300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Transit Police

Just wondering if anyone had any info on DC Transit Police?

Metro Transit Police is the primary law enforcement agency for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. They have responsibilities in the District of Columbia and in suburban Maryland and Virginia. MTP officers attend the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy and receive comparative compliance training for Maryland and D.C.

A significant number of Transit officers are assigned foot beats in platforms and on trains. Others are assigned to cruiser and bicycle patrol. As might be expected, they share responsibility with local PD's. This is probably more true the farther out the Metro system one goes. Unfortunately, for some goofy reason, MTP does not have car-to-car radio capability with other departments or even scanners in their cruisers.

They have a fair number of specialized assignments including criminal investigations and canine. Crime scene investigation is a collateral duty. Many of the officers in tactical uniforms are crime scene investigators who handle this function in addition to patrol. MTP also has a tactical response capability. They do seem to be the local experts on pickpocketing.

The sidearm is the SIG 226 (in 9mm, if I'm not mistaken). I believe the semiautomatic MP-5 is the standard long arm. They work permanent shifts out of two district stations. Overtime is readily available.
    John from Maryland

Comment

I am curious if they take laterals. I have 10 year as an F/T NH State Cop. Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Lambor66
        I am curious if they take laterals. I have 10 year as an F/T NH State Cop. Thank You
        No laterals. I talked to them a couple of months ago and you have to go through their entire academy no matter what your background is.....

Comment

Originally posted by PPDMO373
          No laterals. I talked to them a couple of months ago and you have to go through their entire academy no matter what your background is.....

And a long *** academy it is
          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

That's because they are certified in DC, Maryland and Virginia. You get a job with them, you can have almost any job you want in the area.

Comment

John from Maryland
              (or anyone else), you gave the technical stuff, now how about some dirt. Administration, morale, etc. I see on their website that they are accepting applications, but could not find a closing date.

Comment

For a long term career, it's probably one of the best bets around. Part of the teamsters union, moral is about on par with any other PD in the area.

Do as many others do..get the training then transfer to one of the surrounding jurisdictions.
                "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul."

Comment

Originally posted by John from Maryland
                  The sidearm is the SIG 226 (in 9mm, if I'm not mistaken). I believe the semiautomatic MP-5 is the standard long arm.
                  It's a 40 cal.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevil
                    John from Maryland
                    (or anyone else), you gave the technical stuff, now how about some dirt. Administration, morale, etc. I see on their website that they are accepting applications, but could not find a closing date.
                    I have a few very good friends that work for Metro. Some of the love it, some of them hate it. The one that hates it was recently told by his sergeant to stop making so many arrests and all that. It seems that they are more interested in visual presence and not so much in agressive policing. that's just one friends opinion, and i see that is true to a point in my dealings with them on the street. don't get me wrong, they are a good bunch of people who will back-up another agency in a heartbeat, but they don't seem to do very much in the way of police work. but like i said, these are just personal observations, and what i've been told by friends who work there.

they do get paid very well for what they do, and the benfits are apparently hard to beat, minus the fact that Transit officers have to pay to park at metro facilities. No take home cars either. as for the closing date, they always seem to be accepting applicaitons and offering the written and physical agility test.

Comment

Dc Transit Police

Hi all, this is my first time posting here. I am interested join the DC Transit Police Department, and I understand that they don't require any college credits to apply at this time, but I am just wondering will they making it as one of the requirements in the near future? To apply, any suggestions to get prepared? (it's easy to get in?) like, read some test books? run a few miles? Please let me know, thanks [email protected]

Comment

I just saw the classified ad in the paper that they are having an open test in Pittsburgh, so I'm also interrested in hearing any additional info about the dept. and it's hiring process. Thanks.
                        "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by jleeops View Post
                          Hi all, this is my first time posting here. I am interested join the DC Transit Police Department, and I understand that they don't require any college credits to apply at this time, but I am just wondering will they making it as one of the requirements in the near future? To apply, any suggestions to get prepared? (it's easy to get in?) like, read some test books? run a few miles? Please let me know, thanks [email protected]

I just got hired by Metro Transit Police with only a few college credits (with grades that weren't so hot a few years back...). Other than for the physical agility testing, its hard to prepare for any of the testing. I used some of the test books to prepare for the written, but if you have the skills they are looking for in a potential officer im sure you will pass.

I applied to two departments before coming to Metro Police, one being the Maryland State Police as well as another local Sheriff's Department. All three processess were difficult, but each in their own way. I think what it comes down to is having whatever skills/qualities etc. they are looking for..

Hope that helps! PM me if I can be of any further assistance.

Comment

Whats the academy like? where is it located? How long?

Comment

Originally posted by NextCapCop View Post
                              Whats the academy like? where is it located? How long?
                              Basic Police Entrance Level Training Requirements
                              Upon eligibility via compliance with the tri-state selection standards required for probationary police officer candidates, Metro Transit Police probationary officers attend and receive:

564 hours of mandated basic officer training at the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy.
                              40 hours of field training with the Arlington County Police Department.
                              240 hours of mandated Maryland Comparative Compliance basic officer training for officers trained out-of-state in certified police academies.
                              240 hours of District of Columbia basic officer training.
                              40 hours of Orientation for basic officer training.
                              48 hours of Metrorail/Metrobus Safety and Transit Technology training.
                              40 hours of specialized basic officer and 24 additional Metro Transit Police firearms range training.

The curriculum of the basic officer training meets or exceeds the mandated police training standards required by the State of Maryland, the Commonwealth of Virginia as well as the training standads of the District of Columbia. The methods of instruction utilized to train includes classroom lectures, films, visual aid slides, tapes, field trips, take home workbook, report writing assignments and academic and performance based tests.

Metro Transit Police probationary officers, receive a total of one thousand one hundred and ninety-six hours of academic and performance based training at entry-level and ten additional weeks of field training with experienced Metro Trasit Police Officers prior to being assigned to individual patrol assignments.

http://www.wmata.com/about/mtpd/training.cfm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3633 users online. 242 members and 3391 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X