Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think it's cool when a police agency start off title, united states______

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think it's cool when a police agency start off title, united states______

I don't mean to sound corny LOL. I think it's real cool when a Police Agency have a start off title "United States". For example, United States Secret Service,United States Park Police, United States Capitol Police, and etc. Maybe it's just me being happy that I could very well be in a federal Law enforcement agency in a matter of months. Maybe it's just me being somewhat excited, but I think it's relly cool to have a Law Enforcement named United States_________.. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by FWD1987 View Post
    I don't mean to sound corny LOL. I think it's real cool when a Police Agency have a start off title "United States". For example, United States Secret Service,United States Park Police, United States Capitol Police, and etc. Maybe it's just me being happy that I could very well be in a federal Law enforcement agency in a matter of months. Maybe it's just me being somewhat excited, but I think it's relly cool to have a Law Enforcement named United States_________.. What do you guys think?
    This is another example of the "name" attracting applicants. For example, United States Secret Service. People see the Secret Service part and think great things. Just because it "sounds cool". I don't get it but in a way, I do.

Comment

I think it just shows how inexperienced you are. I hope that in 2-3 years you would shake your head at what you just posted.

Comment

And there goes his USSS application...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

It's the "look at me" syndrome. Just like in the Army we would have PX Rangers. You know the ones, they buy all the fancy tabs and medals so people ooo and ahh at them. It's the same way people fake being in the military and medals. It's always Special Forces or Ranger or Seals. You never see some fake being in finance or logistic or the Air Force ( had to add in my jab there )

I work for a federal agency and it's nothing more special than the guy in the road. The only difference is who pays our paycheck. It's not like the US name gives us some special jurisdiction or power. We are just another officer with a lot of static posts to stand and stare at people walking by. I give a lot of kiddos to the local guys. I'll buy them lunch now and then just because they are doing a much harder job in my opinion.

Just had to add my $.02 while I wait for a delivery for new 5.11s and Oakleys. :/

Comment

Actually, it's ONLY cool when your badge says: Deputy Sheriff

Then you know you are in the Cool Club...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I dunno. Personally the "cool badge" would be one that has Texas Ranger but I'm partial I think.

Comment

No.. You sound like a ****** bag....
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

United States Postal Police does not sound cool....
                  Police Officer
                  Washington D.C. Metropolitan Police Department

"The probability that we may fall in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just..." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It would be cool if your grammar wasn't so F'd up
                    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Beware, it isn't as cool as you think. I left a city department for a "United States _________" because I thought the grass was greener. The only thing better is the money, in my agency, everything else not so much. I would gladly become just a city or county guy again over this.

Comment

No its not cool, if your going to work for an agency because of the name or uniforms or any other ridiculous reason people join an agency instead of the real reason they should. It's a job a pay check that's it that's all

Comment

Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
                          No its not cool, if your going to work for an agency because of the name or uniforms or any other ridiculous reason people join an agency instead of the real reason they should. It's a job a pay check that's it that's all
                          ^^^
                          This

Comment

Who the f$%& is this guy's background inv? I hope the guy/gal is worth their salt and buries this guy. This barring the interview panel completely failing to figure this guy out with a handful of key questions.

Panel member: "So tell us why you want to work for this agency."

*****hat: "Well sir/ma'am, as you can plainly see, the name of you're agency has United States in it and that clearly is the baddest, most awesome thing about your department."

Panel member: "Sir, you know all we do is protect the VA hospital and its visitors, correct?"

*****hat: "Sir, you could tell me all you do is protect a big pile of steaming kangaroo feces, as long as the name of the agency starts with United States. I mean United States Department of Kangaroo Feces Police, totally bad***."

Panel member: "We'll... Be in touch. With your parents. To let them know you won't be hired.

Disclaimer: I am not discrediting the VA police in any way. Apologies if any offense is taken.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5953 users online. 335 members and 5618 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X