Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FLETC academy for Park Police and Capitol Police?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC academy for Park Police and Capitol Police?

What's the environment like for the FLETC academy? Is it PT 7 days a week paramilitary? Would it be as hardcore as a state police academy? Does anyone know how competitive US Park Police and Capitol Police in DC is?

The UPTP (uniform police training program) is held at Glynco, GA. It's 13 weeks long. As far as how physical it is, that depends on the instructor. My PTD (physical techniques division) instructor was former sheriff deputy from a neighboring county. Based on his philosophy we spent most of our time in the mat room or bag room. Even our conditioning was based off ground fighting. Other instructors would make their class run to the main gate and back with adding in different techniques during the run.

The campus itself is more collegiate based and not so much like "basic training". So my experience may vary from other just based on how the instructors wish to run their class.

I have no clue how competitive park police and capital police are, never tried to get hired with them.

Comment

USCP hires way more then USPP does

All opening get several thousand applications for very little slots
      Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Do they swim at all? What's the graduation pt standard? Just wanted to make sure there wasn't any marathon running.

Comment

In the basic programs, unless in some sort of maritime, there is no swimming at FLETC unless it's something the agencies want. FLETC sees themselves as a body that provides training but the agencies drive what is taught since they are the "customers". Every 3 years, the agencies come together to decide what is taught, how long, etc. so what one experiences changes every 3 years.

The PT standard is the PEB. Consist of a bench press, flexibility, agility run, and a mile and half. The scores vary by age and gender. However, it's up to your agencies if they require it or not. My agency, for instance, does not require to pass the PEB. We have to participate and finish. Other agencies may have a more strict pt requirement.

"Marathon" running, as you put it, some instructors do as conditioning. Again, this varying by instructor and how much, hard, long, and type of conditioning takes place.

Comment

I went through the U.S. Park Police academy about 4 1/2 years ago. I have never been through a State Police academy, but based on everything I have heard about how they are run I can assure you that neither the U.S. Park Police or USCP is close to that. When I went through we had daily inspections, we had to march, and make sure our **** together. If you are squared away you will be fine. There were a few that were not and they were ridden pretty hard.

Any police job today is pretty competitive to get.

Comment

FLETC PEB info:
              https://www.fletc.gov/physical-efficiency-battery-peb

Comment

FLETC academy for Park Police and Capitol Police?

When I went through UPTP my ORT instructors had us mainly work in the mat or bag room and the exercises they had us do related to LE in some way. We only ran (other then the two PEB's) one time and that was for a handcuffing exercise and was only five laps broken up by a different type of handcuffing after each lap. And like others have said FLETC is like a college campus and is not paramilitary unless your agency wants it that way. The only people I saw March where CBP and one USSS UD class. If you are going soon though I know FLETC is putting two to a room due to overcrowding.
                Last edited by badger54; 04-13-2016, 09:40 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

All going to depend on your instructors and your agency. Some agencies pretty much let you be with the FLETC staff and other agencies are more active on how they want things done. The training environment isn't bad. The worst part is if your PTing outdoors in the GA heat.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3786 users online. 250 members and 3536 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X