300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you make of it

I see a lot of people who are applying for a lot of 0083 positions, one thing I hope you all know and if not I'll tell you. It's not what you may or may not think it is, no runnin and gunnin or anything else like a local dept, it's limited patrol of a limited area and or standing post and checking ID. The money can be good so if it's just the money you want and don't want the 90 miles an hour with your hair on fire then this kinda work may be for you, or if your a been there done that type of person ( as I am) then this kind of work may be for you. I've seen a lot of guys who get into this and find out its boring and not what they want. I guess what I'm saying is make sure you do your home work look at it for what it is and make a real decision if this is what you want or not or if it's just a stepping stone to other greater things but remember the grass maybe greener but it's still gotta be mowed

^^^ Good advice.

Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
    . . . the grass maybe greener but it's still gotta be mowed
    Good one; never heard that before. "Appropriated" for possible future use.
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

The U.S. Park Police is the one exception. That is a 0083 position where you can definitely do some running and gunning

Comment

Originally posted by AGInvestigator View Post
        The U.S. Park Police is the one exception. That is a 0083 position where you can definitely do some running and gunning

True but they to are standing some posts on the mall, I went thru DC code with some and that's what they were telling me.

Comment

And at the National Zoo we don't stand post or check IDs

Comment

The only true municipal type agency at the federal level is the BIA police. Outside of the DC region (MD and VA included), there really is only a few agencies, mainly DoD (branch services)and the VA. Hoover Dam police operate in the Las Vegas metro area. An Amtrak cop who is a former MPDC cop said it best, "we're box cops" regarding the jobs we do. Generally providing law enforcement and security services to whatever agency hires us. Some agencies want 0083 instead of 0085 guards.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

USPP in San Francisco is basically a small town police force. The Presidio is a neighborhood of San Francisco that is under the Presidio Trust which is a govt. corporation a la Amtrak. The Presidio has about 3,000 residents, a school, a wide range of businesses, bank, restaurants, and even a brewery just opened up there.

BIA is definitely a true municipal police force. The only problem is that if you are not Native it is hard (if not impossible) to get on. The Park Police did a detail in support of the BIA in South Dakota. Officers month long tours and they definitely earned their money.

Comment

If you are looking for a more patrol oriented uniformed federal LE position, I suggest you look at BIA, which though they give preference to Native Americans, will hire people of all races for 0083 positions because they are in dire need. Also look at park ranger positions in national parks. You will respond to all sorts of calls there on top of your regular natural resource LE duties.
                Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4309 users online. 272 members and 4037 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X