300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOC/NIST Police Hiring

DOC/NIST Police Announcement is open until 8/20/14 for certified FLETC trained officers for Boulder, CO and Gaithersburg, MD. There are a lot of changes going on at NIST at this time including contract security at the gates. Police Officers have zero gate duty and are on patrol for the entire 8 hour shift including building checks, traffic and parking enforcement, and general patrol duties. USA Jobs Announcement Number:NISTESD-2014-0004

What are the shift hours? How is the OT?
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      What are the shift hours? How is the OT?
      First watch 23:30 - 07:30 Second watch 07:30 - 15:30 Third watch 15:30 - 23:30 Fixed no rotation.
      Overtime is abundant at this time but will decrease depending on how many Officers are hired.
      We also receive 1/2 hour daily overtime for change time.
      Last edited by copter; 08-20-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I have put in for the Supervisory and Police Office job announcments. Does NIST PD take their weapons home? What kind of fix schedule to they work? Here at NGA we work panama 12's. Does your pay increase per your perfomance eval? Do they have an FTO program? Do they issue 1805's for traffic violations?
        Last edited by afsf; 08-22-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

We are not authorized to take duty weapons home we do have off duty carry.
          Schedules are in post #3 above.
          Pay increase is the GS schedule, step and grade.
          It's been years since Officers were hired, no FTO program.
          Traffic violations are written on the United States District Court Violation Notice, there is no form # on the citation.

Comment

Do the have bike patrol, k-9? If so are the bike patrol officers IPMBA cert? Do they have a training department? How many officer total do they have? thanks you answering my questions.

Comment

We do have K9 and recently started an all terrain vehicle, segway and bike patrol. Bike patrol training has not been started and I'm guessing will be conducted by the Mongomery County Police Acadamy.

Comment

Awesome. Overall how is the work relationship with the employees at NIST?

Comment

Will that be the last annoucnement for Police officers? How many officers on staff?

Comment

Do you all have a dispatch center? or as we call it here a command center?

Comment

Originally posted by afsf View Post
                      Awesome. Overall how is the work relationship with the employees at NIST?
                      Interaction with NIST employees depends on the shift you are on, 1st and 3rd watch have limited contact but generally good relationship with employees.

Comment

Will that be the last annoucnement for Police officers? How many officers on staff?
                        I guess that would depend on how many officers are hired and the quality of the applicant pool. I prefer not to post about staffing numbers on public forums.

Comment

Do you all have a dispatch center? or as we call it here a command center?
                          Yes we have a dispatch/command center. How long have you worked at NGA?

Comment

I've been at NGA since 2009. Prior to that Air Force. 14 yrs exp. Hopfully I can get up there with either annoucement. 45 min drive is better then a 1 hours and 30 min drive pending on 495 traffic. I understand the OPSEC. Im sure the supervisory will be a internal hire. But I'll keep hope.

Comment

I've been at NGA since 2009. Prior to that Air Force. 14 yrs exp. Hopfully I can get up there with either annoucement. 45 min drive is better then a 1 hours and 30 min drive pending on 495 traffic. I understand the OPSEC. Im sure the supervisory will be a internal hire. But I'll keep hope.
                              Good luck with the process, keep me informed. If you have any other questions there are quite a few NIST officers frequent this forum.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3935 users online. 244 members and 3691 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X