300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question as far as the POST exam.

I'm new to this forum and got my degree in Criminal Justice last may, so I want to pursue a career in Law Enforcement. (preferably, Federal Law enforcement). I've took the POST exam for MPD back in April and took it for USSS UD on July 12th and didn't have a passing score on either attempt. I know most of you guys are thinking, 'Dang, how in the world could you not pass that easy test?'' Honestly, I'm not sure and i'm very discouraged. I can take the exam again for USSS two months from the last time I took it, but I just feel like I won't pass it. For those who took the Post exam and passed it, how did you guys study for it(Mainly the math portion)? I looked at US capitols study guide for it, but it seems to be somewhat a curve ball from the actual test. That's my only Achilles heel right now. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah....the POST is about as easy as they come. Pretty surprising to hear a college grad is having such trouble. Do you know your score -- were you close? Good news is there is a study guide and having taken it twice, you know what you need to work on. Just keep on trying...

There are some agencies that do not have written exams... However, there are MANY exams you must pass in the academy, if hired.

Comment

What did you fail? The math part? Or did you run out of time to answer all the questions? I believe there is a POST preparation guide out there, so just look on amazon or at your local library. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
        What did you fail? The math part? Or did you run out of time to answer all the questions? I believe there is a POST preparation guide out there, so just look on amazon or at your local library. Good luck.
        Thanks, I appreciate it. The thing about the POST exam is, they won't tell me my score, they just inform me that I don't have a passing score, which is frustrating. I looked at a few books on amazon.com as far as the exam, do you know any exact books that cover the POST exam specifically? The only one I see is the California POST exam, but I am not sure if it's different out there since, I live in the Washington DC metropolitan area. It would be greatly appreciated if you know.

Comment

USCP used to be almost identical to SSUD

Pretty basic and easy.
          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
            USCP used to be almost identical to SSUD

Pretty basic and easy.
            No joke, some of the math questions on the SSUD POST were so simple/obivious, I actually read the question over 3 times just to make sure I understood what was being asked lol.
            USSS UD
            Applied: 5/29/14
            ELAC Invite: 10/12/14
            SPI: 10/24/14
            SI: 11/20/14
            Polygraph: 1/30/15
            Medical: TBA
            BI: TBA
            Hiring Panel: TBA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6037 users online. 318 members and 5719 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X