300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Court Police

anybody on here work for this agency or know a lot about it?

Good department that prides itself in being selective and educational background of their Officers. They work closely with USMS since they provide Dig protection outside DC metro...a lot of former USSCPD people become USMS.

Security based position similar to UD/USCP, a lot of protest types depending on trials that are active. Not a lights/sirens/kick in door place....not sure if they even have patrol or not

Originally posted by SIG5087 View Post
    anybody on here work for this agency or know a lot about it?

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
      Good department that prides itself in being selective and educational background of their Officers.
      You are not kidding! As a 1811 visiting from out of town, I was given the royal treatment by one of their guys when I just asked the best time to come back for a look inside. This one officer and his supervisor who I met, were very educated (masters), well spoken and knew history of stuff I had no clue. They seemed very happy.

Comment

When was assigned to the academy, the in-service training unit was providing them with active shooter response training. We also toured the Supreme Court building. The USSC Police were very professional and seemed highly regarded by the instructors. As UD suggests, however, they are more fixed post than patrol.

On a side note, our chief left to serve as chief of USSC Police in 2001 or so, but returned to our agency some months later.
        John from Maryland

Comment

The vacancy notice seems very straight forward and it appears they don't give a rats *** if you are a veteran or not lol. Bachelor's degree or sworn LEO experience seems to be the bar that is set, which I kind of dig.

I also know that a lot of people will use this to get LEO status then bolt to something more high speed when it becomes available, hopefully their process will weed those people out.

Comment

Originally posted by caseyp View Post
            The vacancy notice seems very straight forward and it appears they don't give a rats *** if you are a veteran or not lol. Bachelor's degree or sworn LEO experience seems to be the bar that is set, which I kind of dig.

I also know that a lot of people will use this to get LEO status then bolt to something more high speed when it becomes available, hopefully their process will weed those people out.
            They like USCP are in the excepted service and not the competitive service.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

The key is knowing and accepting their mission...all different type of LE and all different type of LEO's...if that makes sense. At end of day...all in it together

Comment

Just applied. My buddy's brother was a Supreme Court officer for years and enjoyed it. Now is a Deputy U.S. Marshal. He gave us an in depth tour and it was very interesting. He was also knowledgable and professional as well as the other officers. Seems like a good place I just do not like it when applicants apply to these type of positions and think they are going to be in chases, kicking down doors, etc then they complain when they are working the door security. Not saying there isn't room for advancement, but it is always what you make of it. Good luck to whoever has applied.

Comment

Anyone know if they have parking onsite for Officers? I know at the WH, parking is a premium.

Comment

Hey UD4LIFE, what ever happened to this position for you? I just received a letter for the written exam 8 months after I applied

Comment

I applied on the last announcement and no response at all until this day. Did you get an email or physical mail?

Comment

I'm assuming the last announcement was the March one. I got a physical letter in the mail

Comment

Hi guys,

I see this board hasn't been active in a while but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just received a letter in the mail inviting me to take the written test. Can anyone give me good study materials or guides to help prep for this exam? What exactly is on the exam as far as math, grammar, logic, or what are the different sections? Thank you for your help!

Comment

Anyone have their interview yet? I have my next week.

Comment

Congrats and good luck. I never ended up hearing anything at all. Not even a FU letter/email.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3031 users online. 201 members and 2830 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X