300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Police and FLETC?

I'm sure it's probably been asked here before but, I could not find it if it was when I searched through the forums using the search tool. So sorry for asking again if it was asked but does anyone know if the VA Police accept FLETC or do you still have to go through their academy which I think is called LETC? And if so what's the difference? Thanks in advance for any info anyone may have.
    sigpic
    Formerly Username k91376
    " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Unfortunately yes, you will have to go through LETC evne though you have FLETC. I was in the same boat and asked the same question when i started with the VA (I went through UPTP in 2006 for DoD) and was told that no matter what academy I had, it dudnt matter and I was going to Noth Little Rock. The good news is that its easier than FLETC. You'll be fine just as long as you remember what you learned in Glynco.

Comment

Ok I was thinking that was going to be the case. Thanks for the info.
      sigpic
      Formerly Username k91376

Comment

Did you get that K9 postion?

Comment

The main difference between FLETC and VA LETC is the VA is hospital centric. There is still rights and law, firearms, ground defense recovery (self defense), but it will be ground in that VA Police is a hospital centric law enforcement and not a crack skull high speed chase type law enforcement. The academy is 8 weeks long and not really militaristic as most police academies. There's no marching in formation place to place, and uniform inspections. There is pt, still have to meet physical fitness standards to graduate, not very difficult standards (push ups, curl ups and 1 mile run). You will not get any domestic violence training, minimal drug recognition training, and mostly death by powerpoint and lots of in class lectures.
          GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

edited........
            Last edited by caseyp; 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the all the insight,input and info. I do still found it odd that they would make folks with FLETC still go through their own academy when they are 0083s too but it is what it is. Thanks all.
              sigpic
              Formerly Username k91376

Comment

I had to go to LETC even tho I had FLETC and State Cert, its the VA way and LETC is drumming up money by it. I have 2 weeks left at the DCVA after 8 yrs I decided to move on to another pasture not greener just another one. there is good people in the VA Police and I got some good training so I don't regret it for a miniute but its now time to move on. If you decide to go to the VA suck up LETC its easy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5126 users online. 312 members and 4814 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X