Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington D.C. Metro Transit Police Department

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Washington D.C. Metro Transit Police Department

    Good day,

    I applied to Metro Transit Police Department and passed the written exam and Physical agility test. I was called in to start my pre screening process 5 months ago. It’s been 6 months since I have heard anything from anyone. I have called and left numerous messages. Last week I finally spoke with an officer, but unfortunately she was unable to provide any information in regards to my status. She did inform me that she will have someone contact me.

    My question is, anyone been experiencing the same?

  • #2
    When you took the written/physical...at the end of that day did they give you or did you receive in the weeks after a Background Investigation packet with forms and information? Did you go to any orientation where you were assigned a B.I. after that written/physical? Did you try to contact the HR specialist that was listed on the written/physical invite literature you received via Email?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello guys,

      Im scheduled for the written and physical test this Saturday. Any words of advice?

      Als have you heard back yet Mcaeto?

      Comment


      • #4
        Make sure you use Study Guide, found online, and you don't have high Blood pressure!

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks DCPSO, I actually passed both, I just Received my packet for orientation yesterday.
          Im scheduled for 8/21. I have all the documents, what are the elminating factors? Any idea?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tjax22 View Post
            Thanks DCPSO, I actually passed both, I just Received my packet for orientation yesterday.
            Im scheduled for 8/21. I have all the documents, what are the elminating factors? Any idea?
            Congrats; The same eliminating factors that would be considered for any other Law Enforcement Agency! Drug usage, domestic violence, past criminal history, etc! As long as you have a clean background I wouldn't worry about anything. But make sure you are 100% honest through the entire process! I have thought about applying with this Agency as well, wish you the best of luck! Keep me informed!
            Last edited by DCPSO; 07-31-2013, 04:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

            Comment


            • #7
              So what's a good contact number for HR/Recruiting? It must take an act of congress to actually speak to someone. I've tried the number ending "1095" but get an automated message.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks DCPSO! I will update throughout my process. CTU76, its utterly impossible to get someone on the line. WHta questions did you have? Is it regarding your application status or something of that sort?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tjax22 View Post
                  Thanks DCPSO! I will update throughout my process. CTU76, its utterly impossible to get someone on the line. WHta questions did you have? Is it regarding your application status or something of that sort?
                  No application, at this point I wanted to get some specifics regarding retirement/health benefits, work schedule and shift premiums. Feel free to chime in if you have some insight.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey guys, just wondering if this is a good dept. to work for. I currently live in PA and I am act 120 certified but Im expanding my search because im having a hard time finding a job here. Would my certification transfer??. Whens there next test and are they always hiring? I always see ads so any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pete.papadopoulos View Post
                      Hey guys, just wondering if this is a good dept. to work for. I currently live in PA and I am act 120 certified but Im expanding my search because im having a hard time finding a job here. Would my certification transfer??. Whens there next test and are they always hiring? I always see ads so any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

                      If the job is posted...apply, and they will send you notice to come in for a written and possible agility.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I worked for them from 02-04 but moved to a PD in VA, they are security oriented more than anything else. Your certification will not transfer.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pete.papadopoulos View Post
                          Hey guys, just wondering if this is a good dept. to work for. I currently live in PA and I am act 120 certified but Im expanding my search because im having a hard time finding a job here. Would my certification transfer??. Whens there next test and are they always hiring? I always see ads so any information will be appreciated. Thanks.
                          Trust me when I say any Agency is truly gonna have their problems. What you perceive as good or bad to be may not be the same opinion someone else has about the Agency. You should really ask specific questions of concerns that you have and make the determination yourself! I have worked closely with MTPD Officers and the majority of them seem to be happy. One of the higher paying agencies around, if you are really interested like the previous post says, apply and see where it takes you. Good Luck!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hey guys!

                            I'm scheduled to take the written and physical test on Sept 7th, is anyone else going?

                            Can anyone provide insight on what type of police work this is? I know someone said it's basically security, but what does that mean? Do you just stand in stations all day? Ride the buses and trains? Any info would be appreciated.

                            Thanks!
                            NYPD Exam #1309
                            List Rank: 3xx

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have the written and PT Test on January 4, 2014. Does anyone have any good information on this Department? How is the test, tough?

                              Thank you.

                              Originally posted by JCPD2246 View Post
                              Hey guys!

                              I'm scheduled to take the written and physical test on Sept 7th, is anyone else going?

                              Can anyone provide insight on what type of police work this is? I know someone said it's basically security, but what does that mean? Do you just stand in stations all day? Ride the buses and trains? Any info would be appreciated.

                              Thanks!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 1590 users online. 126 members and 1464 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X