Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything new at the zoo? Any changes for the better? Schedules still the same?

Comment

• Still the 6/2 schedule
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• The schedule may be changing to a 5 and 2 with either Fri, sat off or Sun Mon off it's gonna be tried for 120 days and if it works it's perm. We shall see once the schedule is done next will be the pay. That will be a longer fight but it' can be done, again we shall see

Comment

• Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
          The schedule may be changing to a 5 and 2 with either Fri, sat off or Sun Mon off it's gonna be tried for 120 days and if it works it's perm. We shall see once the schedule is done next will be the pay. That will be a longer fight but it' can be done, again we shall see
          who finally relented to get that schedule?

Comment

• Are you guys FOP?

Comment

• Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
              Are you guys FOP?
              No, AFGE but you can join FOP 1 as a member

Comment

• I'm sitting here waiting on OPM/Smithsonian to tell me my background in clear. After that is done I'll be transferring from another agency.
                1*

Comment

• That’s not a bad schedule actually. Why aren’t you guys on 12’s? What was up with the pay? I would assume the AFGE doesn’t do to well during contract negotiations for you guys?

Comment

• The pay is insultingly low considering the OPS Director is pulling in more than $200k and the Area Manager is a 14 step 6 and has nothing resembling education or experience in his background. They just promoted a glorified HR clerk with absolutely no law enforcement or security experience to a GS15 in charge of day to day OPS operations. All the while, the pay of officers hasn’t been addressed since 1990. Unless you are a 7 step 10 with virtually no bills, a wealthy family or a well compensated spouse you are likely to be constantly pinching pennies, especially on day shift.

The positive is that because the Zoo Police believes firmly in operating at a maximum 42% strength, you’ll be making piles of money on involuntary overtime. Six and two is merely a starting point for the forced labor. You won’t ha e time to spend it but 60 hours of OT a check looks nice in your bank account. It will pay for all those medical bills that comeback with working 150 hours a pay period.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
                      That’s not a bad schedule actually. Why aren’t you guys on 12’s? What was up with the pay? I would assume the AFGE doesn’t do to well during contract negotiations for you guys?
                      Contract negotiations? The AFGE and SI have not had a new contract since 1982. AFGE is too busy stealing union money to pay for car stereos, pimp suits and Stadium Club to give a moment’s thought to the peons whose money they are theiving. If the AFGE was asked, SI as a whole is perfect. Free money, no responsibilities, no work and zero repercussions. Somewhere Jimmy Hoffa is smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
                        The schedule may be changing to a 5 and 2 with either Fri, sat off or Sun Mon off it's gonna be tried for 120 days and if it works it's perm. We shall see once the schedule is done next will be the pay. That will be a longer fight but it' can be done, again we shall see
                        Wait. Wasn’t 6 and 2 supposed to be for a trial period as well? After the better part of a decade, who could argue that the trial isn’t great

Comment

• MetroEast
                          MetroEast commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Again why aren’t you guys on 12’s?

• Sorry for all the questions! I read through the thread multiple times, but there are some things I just don’t understand. 1st. You guys have a union however, you guys are working without a contract? 2nd. What’s your authorized strength? 3rd. Have you guys had any labor management meetings? (In regards to manpower, schedules & OT) based off what I read, I would argue some officer safety issues. 4th. You join the FOP, but can they represent you if you have a grievance?

Again sorry for all the questions! I work for a local agency ( and we’re FOP) and the stuff you guys are saying just doesn’t seem right to me.

Comment

• Biggest reason why they lost the 10 HR shifts they were on was management heard the whining of the museum guards who worked the 6/2 and ultimately put everyone on the shifts. This includes the guys out by Annapolis.

The former union management was in bed with management to get themselves sweet deals, ultimately most were forced out. A new union management came in but there has been no response to bargaining a new contract. For the zoo police to go FOP, you would need 2/3 of all the union members to agree just to let the zoo police to separate.

The FOP can not represent you in any matter. You can use an FOP attorney if you have the legal plan but they cant represent you for any grievance.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post

Wait. Wasn’t 6 and 2 supposed to be for a trial period as well? After the better part of a decade, who could argue that the trial isn’t great
                            And how many people left because of the 6/2 or salary or crappy management practices

Comment

• I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir, but that’s one of the problems. Why are the Security Guards lumped in with Commissioned Police Officers? Completely different functions, and a different work group. Your guys hours should have no bearing on them and vice versa.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11672 users online. 436 members and 11236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X