Dc pspd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc pspd

Can someone tell me how long is their academy for uncertified candidates? Also, how much physical training is done in the academy? Finally, how long is FTO after graduating? Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Future01; 11-14-2011, 07:59 PM.

lol.... physical training? FTO? .... you talkin bout Protective Services right?

Comment

Like, I told you in the PM...

As far as the academy, it depends on which one you get sent to, which is based upon when you are hired and when the corresponding agency has an academy class starting and space available... if it's the MPD Academy, the session usually lasts 10 months, if it's the Prince Georges Municipal Academy or University of Maryland Academy your session lasts 22 weeks, followed by 2 weeks of DC Code Training at the MPD Academy.

Physical Training is based upon the academy you are sent to and your instructors.

FTO period is 7 weeks long... although it can be extended depending on how you progress.
      Last edited by DCPSDcop; 11-15-2011, 12:09 PM.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Originally posted by GotOneRunning View Post
        lol.... physical training? FTO? .... you talkin bout Protective Services right?
        Dear sir:

Guess what? We get it. You hate PSPD. Thanks for your constant negativity and for posting useless messages on here which doesn't answer anyone's questions. You are a real shining example of excellence of your agency.

Your's truly,

DCPSDCOP

Comment

Gotta love the token agency haters. Every agency has haters like rock bands have groupies I guess...
          Good Enough For Government Work.

Comment

PSPD makes the first mass arrests in the Occupy DC saga...

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/#...mark/134194058

PSPD doing "non-Police work"

Last edited by DCPSDcop; 11-20-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
              Let's not forget that you guys requested MPD with you in the building...(I just had to poke the bear), And let's remember that it is "non-police work", because it will all be no papered anyways, haha.
              But all BS aside. That could have gone in a very different direction. Good job to everyone that was there.

Comment

Sigh. It'd be nice if we could have just one thread involving PSPD that doesn't turn into this...

Is there any significance between the navy blue vs. MPD-like baby blue shirts?

Comment

Originally posted by flash40 View Post
                  Sigh. It'd be nice if we could have just one thread involving PSPD that doesn't turn into this...

No, just uniform choice by the officer... Blauer Medium Blue is the Class B Uniform and BDU's are optional.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyD View Post
                    Let's not forget that you guys requested MPD with you in the building...(I just had to poke the bear), And let's remember that it is "non-police work", because it will all be no papered anyways, haha.
                    But all BS aside. That could have gone in a very different direction. Good job to everyone that was there.
                    Just so you are aware... we had 4 (YES THATS FOUR) officers working citywide on Saturday evening... our Watch Commander requested SOD to assist us in clearing the building... the SOD Lieutenant REFUSED to send any of his guys in the building with us because "it was too dangerous" ... PSPD Command Staff then ordered a recall of personnel from the Midnight Shift and PSPD entered the building WITHOUT MPD and removed the protesters.

PSPD Chief Cannon then requested assistance from 1D with crowd control outside the building, at which time 1D units were deployed to the scene to assist OUTSIDE. The removal of the protestors was a completely PSPD operation, which we handled even though we are ridiculously understaffed... our entry team consisted of 5 officers, 1 sergeant, 1 lieutenant, 1 commander and thats it.

After we cleared the building and removed the protesters, MPD ERT assisted us by doing a second sweep (because our resources were completely drained), at which time 2 additional protesters were found in the building.

I hope this will be a wake up call to the Department of General Services and the Mayor's Office that they need to bring PSPD's staffing levels to an acceptable level... 4 officers on duty citywide on the weekends is just ridiculous.
                    Last edited by DCPSDcop; 11-20-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
                      Just so you are aware... we had 4 (YES THATS FOUR) officers working citywide on Saturday evening... our Watch Commander requested SOD to assist us in clearing the building... the SOD Lieutenant REFUSED to send any of his guys in the building with us because "it was too dangerous" ... PSPD Command Staff then ordered a recall of personnel from the Midnight Shift and PSPD entered the building WITHOUT MPD and removed the protesters.

PSPD Chief Cannon then requested assistance from 1D with crowd control outside the building, at which time 1D units were deployed to the scene to assist OUTSIDE. The removal of the protestors was a completely PSPD operation, which we handled even though we are ridiculously understaffed... our entry team consisted of 5 officers, 1 sergeant, 1 lieutenant, 1 commander and thats it.

After we cleared the building and removed the protesters, MPD ERT assisted us by doing a second sweep (because our resources were completely drained), at which time 2 additional protesters were found in the building.

I hope this will be a wake up call to the Department of General Services and the Mayor's Office that they need to bring PSPD's staffing levels to an acceptable level... 4 officers on duty citywide on the weekends is just ridiculous.

I know what happened.... I was there, I was also joking with my earlier comment... Learn to take a joke. Also, ERT was not on scene. I know this because I assisted with the second sweep.
                      Last edited by JoeyD; 11-21-2011, 06:20 AM.

Comment

oops my bad

Comment

I actually don't have any issues with PSPD. I just think it's funny that DCPTSDcop gets so worked up.

90% of the time with MPD the light blue is going to be your everyday patrol. Navy blue is for special units like SOD, K9, CDU and some others such as powershift.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyD View Post
                            Also, ERT was not on scene. I know this because I assisted with the second sweep.
                            Who were the squad of guys in the Black BDU's with subdued MPD patches that were standing in front of Franklin School? I saw them as I was leaving to go down to the 1st District to put the evidence on the books... I assumed it was ERT.

Comment

dang.. those look like some tough unlawful entry lock-ups... big ups to DC Protective Services for protecting and serving the citizens of DC

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9289 users online. 335 members and 8954 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X