Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing suggestions in the D.C area???

With the huge number of different apartment options in the D.C area to look through, I'm looking for some suggestions on good apartment buildings in either A) NW D.C or B) the Laurel/Columbia, MD area...

Also open to any places that may offer a LEO discount on rent...

Virginia gets my vote.
    This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

It's a long way from Laurel/Columbia to DC in heavy traffic.

If you like to own guns, Virginia is a better choice.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

NVA.... hands down. Closer to the City....better Metro Access....more stuff to do......better schools for the kids...and a low crime rate.......

Arlington or Fairfax Counties is the way to go.

Living in DC or PG County as a LEO would suck balls..... but that's just me.....

Comment

I use to live in howard couty part of laurel, now i live in alexandria.... It only takes me at most 10 mins now to get to court. Laurel would take forever, and if theres an accident on 295, forget it...... Im looking to move to DC though, better get in now before its too late, and forget what that bearcat dude says, DC is a great place to live.

So in short if you do Va, do alexandria or arlington close to 395.... If not do DC. Court commute is the only commute that matters and you will appreciate it in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by GotOneRunning View Post
            forget what that bearcat dude says, DC is a great place to live.
            I've done my time in DC working.....and will probably end up back there.... No way in the world would I live there....

Decent places cost out the ***....crime is through the roof.....the city you work for is corupt (and yes, I've folllowed the mess after the election....need an SUV or two..?), and the school system sucks.......

Besides, as a MPD Officer, do you really want to live in the City that you police...?

Plus, I've got friends in Montgomery and PG Counties and the commute is a nightmare. I couldn't imagine working 8-12 hour shift then trying to fight my way home.....and/or head back after being off for a few hours to do court time......

As you stated, Alexandria Arlingon County are close and a easy haul. If I had kids, I'd look at Fairfax County as well.....

Comment

Its all love bearcat, don't get it twisted though, i wouldn't live in my district, but i'd live uptown somewhere, i agree though. Maryland isnt worth it. You'd be surprised at the neighborhoods and low violent crime once you get out and 6 and 7d. brookland is my 1st choice right now, every block you turn on has a take-home parked.
              Last edited by GotOneRunning; 05-09-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Its all love bearcat, don't get it twisted though, i wouldn't live in my district, but i'd live uptown somewhere, i agree though. Maryland isnt worth it. You'd be surprised at the neighborhoods and low violent crime once you get out and 6 and 7d. brookland is my 1st choice right now, every block you turn on has a take-home parked.
                Nice to see you guys are getting take-home finally.... Everyone getting them...?

I dated a girl that lived in DC....it was a mess..... I also dated one that lived near Hyattsville... her commute into DC (Penn Ave area) was a nightmare.....

She moved to NVA and is happy as hell...

As stated, if it was me....I'd be back in Crystal City/Arlington.....or out in Fairfax County where my ex lived......

Comment

Not everyone, in my district it seems you need to be an MPO or FTO certified to get first priority, but i can only speak for my east of the river district. Crystal city is a good choice due to distance. Nothing like leaving the housemat 9:30 for 10 am papering. Ive never commuted from fairfax county but it would seem traffic is unbearable to get into the city.

Comment

Crystal city is a good choice due to distance. Nothing like leaving the housemat 9:30 for 10 am papering. Ive never commuted from fairfax county but it would seem traffic is unbearable to get into the city.
                    I lived there for several years.... and loved it. So close to the city but none of the crime. I could be at Justice in 10 mins.....and up to DHS Neb Ave complex in less than 30....and that was in the middle of the day. Late night, I could zip faster than that...

Fairfax Commute wasn't bad for the ex.....about an hour.....but you can do everything you want out there and crime is low.....and schools are incredible if you have kids.

Hell, I drive 15 miles from my house to work....and it can take an hour or more.....depending on traffic....and thats both in the morning and at night......

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. I was mainly looking at MD since my son is in Delaware with his mom. I'll def check out NoVa though after what you guys are saying. Id rather fight traffic 1-2 days a week getting to DE than every day getting to work/court.

Comment

I lived in Annapolis and woked in DC. I didn't mind the commute, but I didn't drive in either. I would never suggst living in Laurel. It's too run down and just a crappy place.

I would agree with the rest about living in Northern VA. Just keep in mind that the drive over the Bay Bridge will be very bad on Friday's from about noon on. Expect to spend a long time in traffic. Not sure what your hours are (or will be) but just driving home from metro parking could be a nightmare.

Comment

I may have found someone on Craigslist looking to share an apartment right across the street from the Pentagon City metro and Pentagon Row shops.

Any info on this area?

Comment

Originally posted by mjcek View Post
                            I may have found someone on Craigslist looking to share an apartment right across the street from the Pentagon City metro and Pentagon Row shops.

Any info on this area?
                            Good location. If the CL person checks out okay (screen carefully), that should work out well for you.
                            sigpic
                            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by mjcek View Post

Any info on this area?
                              I lived there..... what do you want to know....?

It maybe the old lady that I use to live with....as I know she has my old room open...

PM me.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4462 users online. 276 members and 4186 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X