X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • transpofc
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2011

Mint Police

Good gig? I understand it depends on what type of policing one wants to do etc, etc but overall any insight on just the overall job would be appreciated as I'm tempted to throw an application into the ring for it.
  • Bearcat357
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Static/Phyiscal Security just like US Cap Police and Pentagon Police.....

It is what it is.....

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
      One Night In Bangkok
      • Dec 2004

If you've never been to the mint in DC, its an office building right outside of chinatown.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• sgt jon
        Tinfoil Hat Engineer
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by ten08
        You can sit at a post checking to be sure no one is bringing change in or out of the mint. That is about as exiting as it gets.
        For what its worth, the Mint facility in DC does not make the change. That facility is primarily administrative though they do some work there.
        Quite some time ago I interviewed with the facility and got a bit of insight into their operations. Mind you that as all things, this may not be the most current.

Mint is a Norton Act agency (meaning they share jurisdiction with MPDC) along their property lines, to what extent Mint is making arrests is subjective though. I recall one of the cops I spoke with saying that on the weekends they had occasion to make a collar for one thing or another due to an adjoining bar.
        They had primarily static, rotating posts aimed at access control; which seems to be the standard in DC for federal agencies.

Officers attend FLETC for Uniformed Police Training (formerly known as Mixed Basic).
        Pay is on-par with other agencies.

As an aside, the Federal Reserve has a position open last week. National Geospatial Intelligence is also hiring 0083s.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

• ctfops101
          Forum Member
          • May 2011

to what I see is a pretty sweet gig if you're not planning to chase criminals or responding to whole lot of calls like the city police. good pay too

Comment

• transpofc
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2011

yeaaaaa maybe I'll see what happens. thanks guys

Comment

• transpofc
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2011

annnnnd i've been trying to get on with NGA for awhile just due to the proximity of my domicile to Ft. Belvoir and I hear its a good gig as well so thanks for the heads up on the new opening.

Comment

• FordMustang
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2006

Here is a good link with info about them. Show's their jurisdiction and the agreement with MPDC

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
                  One Night In Bangkok
                  • Dec 2004

Ive never once seen them process a collar at 1D or even leave the building.

Comment

• IRONWORKER
                    Forum Member
                    • Sep 2007

Do they take local certifications like the Zoo Police or do you have to go to FLETC? Seems like a good retirement gig.

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
                      One Night In Bangkok
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by IRONWORKER
                      Do they take local certifications like the Zoo Police or do you have to go to FLETC? Seems like a good retirement gig.
                      Nope. Go to FLETC.
                      Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 05-15-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• ASR62
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2010

Announcement says this: "Complete or have previously completed the mixed basic training course(s) at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, GA."

Anybody know if they will accept a LMPT cert? The UPTP is 59 training days. LMPT is 4 more weeks at 79 training days.
                        "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."
                        John Adams

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18218 users online. 29 members and 18189 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...