300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citp

Are there any current CITP students that can describe the typical week. How about Fridays? Are you generally out at a set time or are you often kept later, allowed to leave early sometimes, etc.????

Just trying to get a feel for whether or not I will be able to fly home on the weekends if I wanted to.

Also, is it 10 or 12 weeks?

Originally posted by jjener View Post
    Are there any current CITP students that can describe the typical week. How about Fridays? Are you generally out at a set time or are you often kept later, allowed to leave early sometimes, etc.????

Just trying to get a feel for whether or not I will be able to fly home on the weekends if I wanted to.

Also, is it 10 or 12 weeks?
    Your going to waste $200 plus dollars EVERY weekend to fly home from the Glynco Jetport or get down to Jacksonville just to fly home... Thats insane... Never did CITP (went through MBPTP) but it seems like a huge waste of money...
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

No not every weekend. Maybe once while I am down there. Just curious as to the scheduling of classes and how often they change.

Comment

I haven't been to CITP since the mid-90's, but from what our new people say, some days you might get to leave a little early - i.e. 10-15 minutes, depending on who the instructor is and what you're doing. That's about it. I wouldn't count on being able to "cut out early" to fly home. Remember that the course is a specific length because it's been calculated that it'll take X training hours to give you what FLETC thinks you need. They don't intentionally build in a lot of "fluff" time. Happens every so often, but not enough to be reliable.

Best thing you can do if you want to fly home is to simply schedule your flights well outside of class time. Might also help to make sure you won't be going home when the class has something to do that weekend, like study for a test.
        "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3339 users online. 190 members and 3149 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X