• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tactical P View Post
    mostly from Army Special Forces.

Are you saying that you are SF....?

Originally posted by Tactical P View Post
    Good luck when it hits the fan, because deep down you know how incapable the average Amtrak police officer really is.
    Funny...from looking at all your back posts....you're still trying to get on here.....

Comment

• Does anyone know how the work schedules are?

Comment

• Yes, I am SF.

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
        Are you saying that you are SF....?

Funny...from looking at all your back posts....you're still trying to get on here.....
        Correction: I WAS trying to get back on as it seemed like greener pastures. I was going to come in through patrol like everyone else and work my way back up. Not so much. Bitter? A little because I played the game. In all reality I had the qualifications to get re-hired: FLETC grad, time on the job, excellent reviews, a security clearance, etc. Throughout the testing I was at the top in each event. What happened? Who the heck knows. I was going to walk away from a six-figure salary to come back. It is what it is.

Comment

• Kummant: That was a BS rumor that your union boys fed to you guys and you all bought; henceforth the "war" between OSSSO and APD. And even if Kummant wanted to get rid of the APD union, do you REALLY think he could do that? That aside, Kummant was GONE in 2008 and Crosbie took over and bowed to APD. But when you got OSSSO guys and APD guys in the same room, or on the RANGE, it was a brotherhood like anywhere else. You guys had the experience of being on the job and on the streets that we didn't (which we appreciated) and we brought to you all the weapons and tactical proficiency that only Tier I operators could bring to a unit like APD. Seemed like a pretty symbiotic relationship.

Scabs: Do you even know the definition of a "scab"? It is a person who crosses a picket line during a strike. Were you all on strike? No, you weren't. We were hired under a different authority with separate responsibilities. Does the FBI police call their Special Agents "scabs"? Does the US Secret Service Uniformed Division call their Special Agents "scabs"? No, they have separate but equally important roles. Why was it so difficult for you guys to understand that? Why are you so wrapped around the "union" issue? Why do you exhibit such JEALOUSY?!

Salary: If you want a six figure salary without being a doctor, lawyer, or wall street type, I suggest you join the army, go to Special Forces selection, make it, spend 18 months in the Q-Course, make it, spend a number of years on an ODA, do a few combat tours, LIVE through that nightmare, and then retire or ETS and show up to the job market and see what's out there. Based on all of this hard work and the sacrifices, life will be pretty kind to you. Do you know why? Because you EARNED IT!! Funny how you point out our "exorbitant" salaries - haha! It shows your ignorance of the job market and what the going rate of a quality employee is. But then again, you're a "union guy" and don't care about that.

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
          Our job was (Iam no longer at Amtrak) to protect the system. APD's motto is "protecting A Nation In Transit". Kumant wanted to get rid of the union and go with a Union Pacific style police force. The OSSSO agents were scabs hired at exubernt salaries. Nobody gave a crap that you were vets and "operators". You were scabs. The job and the agency are still running. No agency is perfect and APD might have its losers in management but at least we had a contract. What next, contracting out loccomotive engineers or condcutors because it'll make the agency more effecient? Yeah... Im glad the FOP killed Kumat's scabs and the assinine salaries paid to them.

Comment

Yes, I am SF.
            No offense, but over to SOCNET and get vetted....then I will believe you.

As a Real Deal, you shouldn't have issues with that.....as there are too many posers in the world....especially on here. Just like the 2-3 "Rangers" that are over in the USMS thread that won't go over there nor will they share stuff like class dates, what unit they were in, etc..... Big Red flag in my book.....but thats just me......and the USMS folks that read that particular thread. Not going to be a good life for at least one of them in the LA area as they are on to him and his antics.....

a security clearance

Not sure why folks keep bringing this up..... Amtrak won't use your Security Clearances. If they do them, they will do their own..... Just like every other FLEO agency ot there.

Its the same with Non-Federal LEO gigs. We don't use them. Everytime I hired someone back home that was prior Military, they would bring up that they had a S or TS Clearance.... Guess what..? We don't care. I'm still going to do the same background check on you that I do for everyone else....

I was going to walk away from a six-figure salary to come back

Why would you walk away from a six-figure salary to go to Amtrak....?

Comment

• I never said 6 figure salary. I said exubernt salary. Remember the OSSO agents were hired at between 55k to 75k. Also it was Kumant who brought you guys in order to do away with Amtrak police and the FOP.

Do you realize how close ALL of amtrak including the P/O's were to stirking? I was one of the ones who voted down the contract everytime it came up. If it wasnt for some of the long term and middle guys Amtrak would of been on strike until Bush would of ordered us all back to work.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• SOCNET: I'm already on SOCNET, vetted as a BTDT. PM me here and I'll tell you how to PM me over there. Like you, I detest posers just as much and I understand your concerns.

Clearance: I bring it up not in regards to hiring but as an asset to be used later on the job, such as working on the JTTF or "other" places where my clearance is already accepted. I completely understand that every agency MUST do a BI regardless of the clearance; due diligence.

Salary: Believe it or not money is not the most important thing in the world, at least not to me. I believe in the fight we are in against terrorists more than anything in the world. Yes, I have a family, I have a mortgage, and I have bills like everyone else. But I also have valuable skills that can be utilized here in the United States, skills and experiences that I KNOW can do a lot of good. My time at Amtrak (when it was good) was amazing. We were starting to do some pretty amazing work all in the interest of protecting our great nation and its citizens. All I wanted to do was go back and start where I left off.

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                No offense, but over to SOCNET and get vetted....then I will believe you.

As a Real Deal, you shouldn't have issues with that.....as there are too many posers in the world....especially on here. Just like the 2-3 "Rangers" that are over in the USMS thread that won't go over there nor will they share stuff like class dates, what unit they were in, etc..... Big Red flag in my book.....but thats just me......and the USMS folks that read that particular thread. Not going to be a good life for at least one of them in the LA area as they are on to him and his antics.....

Not sure why folks keep bringing this up..... Amtrak won't use your Security Clearances. If they do them, they will do their own..... Just like every other FLEO agency ot there.

Its the same with Non-Federal LEO gigs. We don't use them. Everytime I hired someone back home that was prior Military, they would bring up that they had a S or TS Clearance.... Guess what..? We don't care. I'm still going to do the same background check on you that I do for everyone else....

Why would you walk away from a six-figure salary to go to Amtrak....?

Comment

• Salary: If someone offered you a great salary and a pay raise from where you were currently at, also an opportunity to have an awesome job that you loved, and they were gonna pay you very well for your skills and experiences, wouldn't you take it? I am pretty sure anyone would. Be mad at management, sure, I understand your point and agree that APD should have been mad. But why at the OSSSO agents? Why be mad at another guy making a living JUST like you? Don't forget OSSSO brought a lot of money to APD, and considering APD lost its ability to use HSG funds, that was pretty important.

As far as Kummant, he left right when I got there. I have no idea what his intentions were, but they obviously did not work. So tell me why did the war between APD and OSSSO continued even after he left?

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                  I never said 6 figure salary. I said exubernt salary. Remember the OSSO agents were hired at between 55k to 75k. Also it was Kumant who brought you guys in order to do away with Amtrak police and the FOP.

Do you realize how close ALL of amtrak including the P/O's were to stirking? I was one of the ones who voted down the contract everytime it came up. If it wasnt for some of the long term and middle guys Amtrak would of been on strike until Bush would of ordered us all back to work.

Comment

SOCNET: I'm already on SOCNET, vetted as a BTDT. PM me here and I'll tell you how to PM me over there. Like you, I detest posers just as much and I understand your concerns.
                    Outstanding.... Just got the honor to hang out with a couple of 18 guys out here that are doing contract work for the Army. They are all over at SOCNET ......

Nice to see someone do that....instead of spew off then never show up there....like 2-3 of our "Rangers" over in the USMS thread.......

Hit me up in a PM....and we can go from there....

Comment

• Bearcat357, PM sent.

Comment

Bearcat357, PM sent.
                        Got it ...and returned it...

Amazing when folks actually are who they say they are around here....

Comment

• Let me ask a question. I currently work for the Federal Government does anybody know if any of my vacation time or my sick time will transfer over. I understand that Amtrak is a Quasi-Federal Agency, but I was wondering if they would take my time from the Government. Really not looking forward to giving up over 200 hours of annual leave and another 260 hours of sick leave. I know that if they didn't then my agency will just pay out my annual leave but my sick time is what I am worried about.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigsexy1925 View Post
                            Let me ask a question. I currently work for the Federal Government does anybody know if any of my vacation time or my sick time will transfer over. I understand that Amtrak is a Quasi-Federal Agency, but I was wondering if they would take my time from the Government. Really not looking forward to giving up over 200 hours of annual leave and another 260 hours of sick leave. I know that if they didn't then my agency will just pay out my annual leave but my sick time is what I am worried about.
                            Neither is carried over.
                            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                              neither is carried over.
                              I just got a sick feeling in my stomach.

Comment

• I interviewed about 2 weeks ago for Baltimore, now just waiting on the rest of the process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12090 users online. 435 members and 11655 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X