Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lawseeker View Post
    Orlando,

Would you happen to know how many applications constitutes enough for Amtrak PD to start their hiring process? Thank you.
    Nope...
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Lawseeker, any word back yet? i too applied to this most recent announcement and am waiting to hear back

Comment

• Nada.... Not even a "your not qualified"..... I wish they would give some kind of word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawseeker View Post
          Nada.... Not even a "your not qualified"..... I wish they would give some kind of word.
          No idea man, I've applied about 3 times to D.C., twice to Boston and once to CT and I never got any type of correspondence from them. I'm a certified LEO in 2 states and college, don't know how they select for interviews

Comment

• Originally posted by FordMustang View Post
            No idea man, I've applied about 3 times to D.C., twice to Boston and once to CT and I never got any type of correspondence from them. I'm a certified LEO in 2 states and college, don't know how they select for interviews
            Have you been contacted to take the test yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
              Have you been contacted to take the test yet?
              Nope, out of the 5 times I've applied the only thing I have ever got from Amtrak is a auto-generated email right away thanking me for applying. I'd love to get invited to a test.

Comment

• Originally posted by FordMustang View Post
                Nope, out of the 5 times I've applied the only thing I have ever got from Amtrak is a auto-generated email right away thanking me for applying. I'd love to get invited to a test.
                Here is the address to Amtrak Human Resources in DC. My suggestion is to hand deliver a resume and let them know what has been going on.

Amtrak. Headquarters: 60 Massachusetts Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20002. Phone: 202-906-3000.

Comment

Here is the address to Amtrak Human Resources in DC. My suggestion is to hand deliver a resume and let them know what has been going on.

Amtrak. Headquarters: 60 Massachusetts Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20002. Phone: 202-906-3000.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Comment

• I Just recently finish my psy interview last Monday. I hope my medical will come sooner. Hold in there guys, the call will come soon.

Comment

• i recieved an invite to PT test at the end of the month, so you guys should be checking your emails

Comment

• If I told you the story you almost wouldn't believe it. But if you work for Amtrak maybe you would. It's Ok, though. I've been down this road with Amtrak before... I'm a former OSSSO agent.

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                        Let me guess. You didnt get hired...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tactical P View Post
                          If I told you the story you almost wouldn't believe it. But if you work for Amtrak maybe you would. It's Ok, though. I've been down this road with Amtrak before... I'm a former OSSSO agent.
                          Oh you mean you were a scab hired by Kumant to get around the Amtrak police contract.

Comment

• Philadelphia Posting

I got my invitation to take the physical test for the Philadelphia posting. Anyone else going to this?

Comment

Oh you mean you were a scab hired by Kumant to get around the Amtrak police contract.
                              Your reply speaks volumes of you and your department. You think because our unit "got around" the contract makes us scabs? We were mostly veterans, mostly from Army Special Forces, and there to do a specific job and get it done. We had no beef with you guys, we just wanted to get the job done and protect our great nation. All you union guys want to do is protect your turf and milk the system. It's ok though buddy, you guys won that battle hands down. However, the long term result is that your capabilities have been weakened dramatically with the loss of quality operators such as myself and the other OSSSO agents who left. Good luck when it hits the fan, because deep down you know how incapable the average Amtrak police officer really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tactical P View Post
                                Your reply speaks volumes of you and your department. You think because our unit "got around" the contract makes us scabs? We were mostly veterans, mostly from Army Special Forces, and there to do a specific job and get it done. We had no beef with you guys, we just wanted to get the job done and protect our great nation. All you union guys want to do is protect your turf and milk the system. It's ok though buddy, you guys won that battle hands down. However, the long term result is that your capabilities have been weakened dramatically with the loss of quality operators such as myself and the other OSSSO agents who left. Good luck when it hits the fan, because deep down you know how incapable the average Amtrak police officer really is.
                                Our job was (Iam no longer at Amtrak) to protect the system. APD's motto is "protecting A Nation In Transit". Kumant wanted to get rid of the union and go with a Union Pacific style police force. The OSSSO agents were scabs hired at exubernt salaries. Nobody gave a crap that you were vets and "operators". You were scabs. The job and the agency are still running. No agency is perfect and APD might have its losers in management but at least we had a contract. What next, contracting out loccomotive engineers or condcutors because it'll make the agency more effecient? Yeah... Im glad the FOP killed Kumat's scabs and the assinine salaries paid to them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11147 users online. 437 members and 10710 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X