300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PDtoSO View Post
    I am not sure that is accurate. Good friend is Amtrak LEO, in Union Station, and he only got DC and VA, not MD
    He should get MD certified since DC division goes to the middle of the New Carrollton platform.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I am not sure that is accurate. Good friend is Amtrak LEO, in Union Station, and he only got DC and VA, not MD
      I'm 100% sure that it's MD and DC. Some one told you wrong. To my knowledge there isn't an officer in Union Station that hasn't been through comparative compliance or a MD academy.
      Last edited by BobbyJBlack; 01-19-2012, 11:59 PM.
      "We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
      The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons".

Comment

I asked him again, he DID NOT get his MD compliance only DC and VA. This is again what I was told. Thus I am confused. Didn't bother to go any further with the topic. Don't see any reason he needed to respond otherwise.

Comment

As per the Railroad Police Commission, don't you only have to be certified in the state you "live or work in"?

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical P View Post
            As per the Railroad Police Commission, don't you only have to be certified in the state you "live or work in"?
            Is Amtrak part of the RR Commission? Their PD is pretty much Fed and since it is in DC at Union Station, so I assume not. Thus why we are discussing MD, DC, and VA compliance much like SSUD, UDPP and FRPD...etc.

Comment

Amtrak's police authority comes from the RR commission, therefore why you must be certified in the state you live or work in. To the that end, in order to obtain a state certification, you must adhere to that state's respective police certification authority.

Comment

So how is it that CSX and UP aren't driving with US Gov't tags and Amtrak is? Just asking, rather curious.

Comment

So how is it that CSX and UP aren't driving with US Gov't tags and Amtrak is? Just asking, rather curious.
                  Amtrak is a U.S. Government-owned corporation and CSX and UP are private-sector (publicly-held) corporations.

Comment

This may have changed, but way back when when I inquired about Amtrak PD I was told my Virginia certification would be fine. (and I guess getting a DC one too). Something about how I would be "officially assigned" to Virginia, but under the railroad laws your certification is therefor excepted by all states your railroad has property in... as long as your certified and sworn in one state.

Comment

Originally posted by CrashBandicoot View Post
                      Amtrak is a U.S. Government-owned corporation and CSX and UP are private-sector (publicly-held) corporations.
                      Thats obvious since they are quasai Feds, but then being under the RR commission seems rather redundent IMO. Interesting nonetheless.

Comment

Almost 90% of those who have VA commissions came from a VA department. Very few P/O's get VA commissions. The ones that do generally handle any incidents at Alexandria and Lorton. Richmond has its own APD police officers.

Just to edit.... APD guys in DC do not have to get VA commissions. The FLETC/MD certs will carry over because of the RR commission. Also the reasoning behind getting a MD cert is in case Baltimore, needs help and they can send you up there.
                        Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 01-24-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

And to bring this full circle: Why is a candidate with a FLETC cert, relevant R.R. LEO experience, and a very high-level security clearance, still waiting on his background to begin?

Comment

And to bring this full circle: Why is a candidate with a FLETC cert, relevant R.R. LEO experience, and a very high-level security clearance, still waiting on his background to begin?
                            Because it doesnt matter... Your just a name... Amtrak tries to at least be far and work off a list. Also they dont have many investigators and the ones that are doing BI's maybe handling 8-9 people at once..

Also if you have "relevant" RR LEO experience, they are going to question why you left said railroad when the frieght companies pay significantly higher than APD.

Comment

Isn't being hired as a LEO based on merit, in other words hiring the best candidates? Fair would mean the most highly qualified would be brought in first. As far the background, I have spoken to folks on the job who stated their previous, current, government clearance was used to expedite their BI in the APD hiring process.

I never said I worked for the freight RR. My reason for leaving had nothing to do with work and was completely acceptable to APD when discussed. Not to mention, "Reason For Leaving" is asked about EVERY previous job a candidate had.

Listen, I'm not trying to stir the pot with you. I know you know a lot about this position and I've read a lot of your posts on here. The fact of the matter is that if APD wants the most highly qualified people they need to identify those folks and make the moves to bring them on. Folks are going to move on with their lives to other things, especially if they are highly qualified.
                              Last edited by Tactical P; 01-27-2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Isn't being hired as a LEO based on merit, in other words hiring the best candidates? Fair would mean the most highly qualified would be brought in first. As far the background, I have spoken to folks on the job who stated their previous, current, government clearance was used to expedite their BI in the APD hiring process.

I never said I worked for the freight RR. My reason for leaving had nothing to do with work and was completely acceptable to APD when discussed. Not to mention, "Reason For Leaving" is asked about EVERY previous job a candidate had.

Listen, I'm not trying to stir the pot with you. I know you know a lot about this position and I've read a lot of your posts on here. The fact of the matter is that if APD wants the most highly qualified people they need to identify those folks and make the moves to bring them on. Folks are going to move on with their lives to other things, especially if they are highly qualified.
                                Its not. It took me 2 years to get hired by Amtrak. Amtrak attempts to run like a municpal civil service by running a list. Ive worked for amtrak. Being certified just puts you on a list with other certified canidates. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4491 users online. 232 members and 4259 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X