Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fedcop64
    replied
    I agree it's a good retirement but it may not be good for everyone if your young and can do the full 30 yrs I say go for it but I think if a person gets older and knows realistically they can't do 30 then maybe not so good. Now if a person has another pension and just want to get another pension and contribute to the 401 then that could work

Leave a comment:

• krash131
    replied
    I think RR retirement is better then FERS at least from my math. But I could be wrong. Could our local expert Orlando or any other rr guys please elaborate?

Amtrak does offer a 401k type plan which I guess would be equivalent to the TSPin terms of a defined contribution plan for the employee. My buddy showed it to me when he got picked up.

As far as the social security compant of FERS. I don't even count of that as I don't know if it will be around 35 plus years when I'm eligible to retire.

But I'm also under 30 so I could do the full 30 and have the age as long as they haven't increased hiring time to 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• DCFED
    replied
    Hopefully since they so short the people that applied back in Dec will get picked up and I definitely like their RR retirement beats DOD I can tell you that.

Leave a comment:

• fedcop64
    replied
    Check the RR retirement, it's a good gig but retirement it's good but.... not saying don't do it just do the research and see if it's right for you

Leave a comment:

• FEDPD02
    replied
    Originally posted by krash131 View Post
    I posted in the jobs section but I'll post it here. All our names are still active from the old announcement. I had lunch with my buddy today and he gave me some insight into their hiring. Every division , NYC, Boston, DC etc has their own HR. As far as DC goes since APD is non-revenue their hiring priorities goes to the bottom of HRs list. Baltimore is also apart of DC so if you applied for that one same thing. Yes they are short; to the point of forcing people. They got a few guys from the last announcement but even with those bodies they will still be short. Unless something changes with HR expected timeline for hiring will take 1.5 - 2 years based off of the last two groups they hired.
    Wow, thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• krash131
    replied
    I posted in the jobs section but I'll post it here. All our names are still active from the old announcement. I had lunch with my buddy today and he gave me some insight into their hiring. Every division , NYC, Boston, DC etc has their own HR. As far as DC goes since APD is non-revenue their hiring priorities goes to the bottom of HRs list. Baltimore is also apart of DC so if you applied for that one same thing. Yes they are short; to the point of forcing people. They got a few guys from the last announcement but even with those bodies they will still be short. Unless something changes with HR expected timeline for hiring will take 1.5 - 2 years based off of the last two groups they hired.

Leave a comment:

• DCFED
    replied
    Originally posted by FEDPD02 View Post
    Same here!
    Likewise.

Leave a comment:

• FEDPD02
    replied
    Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
    I tried to apply for the new DC open,the system said I already had applied.

Same here!

Leave a comment:

• handsom4life
    replied
    I tried to apply for the new DC open,the system said I already had applied.

Leave a comment:

• FEDPD02
    replied
    I see that Amtrak has posted again for the position of Police Officer for Washington, D.C. on 29 Jan. Did anyone ever hear anything on the December 2015 announcement? How about the Baltimore announcement prior to that?

Leave a comment:

• Jcastro1457
    replied
    Test date for Harrisburg PA is 1/29

Leave a comment:

• FEDPD02
    replied
    Originally posted by DCFED View Post
    Any movement!!
    Not a peep on my end!

Leave a comment:

• DCFED
    replied
    Any movement!!

Leave a comment:

• CCSU2014
    replied
    Good to know, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Outside of New Orleans, you better have at minimum 5 years before you apply for Miami.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3536 users online. 214 members and 3322 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X