Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED459
    replied
    I'm In FLETC now and there is 1 guy from Amtrak From N.J. any one know there shifts ?? and do they rotate ??

Leave a comment:

• BobbyJBlack
    replied
    Originally posted by FriscoFed View Post
    I had a couple in my FLETC class and that was within the last three years, so that must be a new policy.
    That's what the person from HR told me over the phone. I wouldn't mind Glynco if they still send candidates there.

Leave a comment:

• FriscoFed
    replied
    Originally posted by BobbyJBlack View Post
    Question, I was told that they don't send candidates down the FLETC anymore, so what academy would a new-hire attend?
    Last edited by FriscoFed; 12-16-2011, 10:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobbyJBlack
    replied
    Question, I was told that they don't send candidates down the FLETC anymore, so what academy would a new-hire attend?

Leave a comment:

• FordMustang
    replied
    Ouch think I might have messed up on the application. I did not initially see the other tabs on the questionnaire part of the application with the pesty java system they use. Submitted my application without filing out the veteran questionnaire or the criminal questions. Can't edit or re-apply. Hope they don't just dump the app.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    You start at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• FordMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    I know a new contract was ratified so Iam not sure what the salary is. You can inquire with Amtrak human resources.
    I'd be interested to see what the new contract entails. Can't seem to find anything about it online.

I went ahead and applied yesterday. Does anyone know if they give credit for prior law enforcement service if you are currently a Police Officer and start you at a higher salary, or do they start everyone at base?
    Last edited by FordMustang; 06-22-2011, 07:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnyReb View Post
    Can someone explain what I should expect from the day to day duties of an Amtrak officer at DC? How are transfer/promotional opportunities with Amtrak? Do they have a payscale with a lot of good increases, or am I looking to make >50k a year for a while in the DC metro area? Any perks to the job not advertised?
    Walk around train station. Sit in booth. Do some security measures such as working the sniffer etc. As far as transferring, once you leave a division, you start at the bottom seniority wise. Promotions are pretty decent. 3 years to sgt. I know a new contract was ratified so Iam not sure what the salary is. You can inquire with Amtrak human resources.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyReb
    replied
    Can someone explain what I should expect from the day to day duties of an Amtrak officer at DC? How are transfer/promotional opportunities with Amtrak? Do they have a payscale with a lot of good increases, or am I looking to make >50k a year for a while in the DC metro area? Any perks to the job not advertised?

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
    Anyone know how long it takes from the vacancy announcement closing till being contacted for the next step?
    Depends on how many they decide to test.

Leave a comment:

• Lamp Lighter
    replied
    Anyone know how long it takes from the vacancy announcement closing till being contacted for the next step?

Leave a comment:

• ufgator2009
    replied
    I applied to DC and Providence.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by Chamillionaire View Post
    Can someone post a link to the job announcement for DC if it is still open, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    Go through amtrak.com to the careers section

Leave a comment:

• Chamillionaire
    replied
    Can someone post a link to the job announcement for DC if it is still open, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    From the website it looked like MA, RI and DC were hiring. I applied for all three spots.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3884 users online. 257 members and 3627 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X