300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RED459 View Post
    I'm In FLETC now and there is 1 guy from Amtrak From N.J. any one know there shifts ?? and do they rotate ??
    I hope they still send people down to FLETC, I would rather that.
    "We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
    The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons".

Comment

if its the HR person Im thinking of (a guy) then they might not have had the availability to get slots. In that case you would attend a MD certified academy.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Why would you attend a MPTC academy, when you would be assigned DC? I contacted HR, and asked for a payscale, the person seemed bothered by my question, and just referred me to the starting salary of $21.50 an hour. I also asked how many positions they were looking to fill, and got the "I don't know".

So far, I can't say I have a positive impression on how things will continue from here, but I only contacted one person.

I really would like a payscale for DC, any ideas on how to get ahold of one since the lady in HR didn't seem to know, or want to be bothered by it?

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
          if its the HR person Im thinking of (a guy) then they might not have had the availability to get slots. In that case you would attend a MD certified academy.
          I think we are talking about the same guy. He flatly told me that they weren't sending candidates there "anymore", but there were other things that came my way that I wouldn't say have made me confident in said individual. That's why I came here to see if he may be mistaken.
          "We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.

Comment

I know a guy that's in the current PG Community College academy, and he told me there was 3 guys from Amtrak police.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyReb View Post
              Why would you attend a MPTC academy, when you would be assigned DC? I contacted HR, and asked for a payscale, the person seemed bothered by my question, and just referred me to the starting salary of $21.50 an hour. I also asked how many positions they were looking to fill, and got the "I don't know".

So far, I can't say I have a positive impression on how things will continue from here, but I only contacted one person.

I really would like a payscale for DC, any ideas on how to get ahold of one since the lady in HR didn't seem to know, or want to be bothered by it?
              Because the DC division actually goes to the middle of the New Carrolton platform. Plus DC also swaps or details P/O's to Baltimore all the time.

As far as pay, Its about $41k and some change but you need to factor in OT and the lady might not know about the salary. As far as filling spots, they will not tell canidates as they keep a list and might make several hires off of it over time.

Comment

Because the DC division actually goes to the middle of the New Carrolton platform. Plus DC also swaps or details P/O's to Baltimore all the time.

As far as pay, Its about $41k and some change but you need to factor in OT and the lady might not know about the salary. As far as filling spots, they will not tell canidates as they keep a list and might make several hires off of it over time.
                With all due respect, of all people, someone in HR should know how to obtain a payscale, and send it to an applicant. Pay is a huge factor when taking a job, and 41k is over a 10k a year paycut for me. Its important to know if later down the line, I would make steps that would make up the difference.

I want to move on from corrections to a LE career, but I'm not going to make a fiscally unsound decision either.

I would also like to make an informed decision before I waste anyone's time with the process, and burn my accrued leave needlessly. /rant

Comment

With all due respect, of all people, someone in HR should know how to obtain a payscale, and send it to an applicant. Pay is a huge factor when taking a job, and 41k is over a 10k a year paycut for me. Its important to know if later down the line, I would make steps that would make up the difference.

I want to move on from corrections to a LE career, but I'm not going to make a fiscally unsound decision either.

I would also like to make an informed decision before I waste anyone's time with the process, and burn my accrued leave needlessly. /rant
                  I guess its just me. Don't like the way Amtrak works, find another gig. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
                    I guess its just me. Don't like the way Amtrak works, find another gig. Plain and simple.
                    Its not a matter of how it "works" its simply a matter of providing basic job information to an applicant.

Comment

Out of curiousity what doeas an Amtrak police officer do in A city Like DC? What are the hours, can they enforce traffic, etc... Lastly, are you able to transfer locations if you get tired of dc?

Comment

Originally posted by CRJ200 View Post
                        Out of curiousity what doeas an Amtrak police officer do in A city Like DC? What are the hours, can they enforce traffic, etc... Lastly, are you able to transfer locations if you get tired of dc?
                        You will handle law enforcement at all properties owned by Amtrak in DC, MD and VA. Technically you can do traffic however its not your job unless its serious and you might not work a squad. Most Amtrak cops work 8 hr tours. Yes you can transfer however you go to the bottom of the seniority list when you transfer districts.

Comment

Easy. Not ever HR person handles cops or has the ability to "look up" for every applicant the pay scale. Dont like it, dont apply.

Comment

Easy. Not ever HR person handles cops or has the ability to "look up" for every applicant the pay scale. Dont like it, dont apply.
                            So you don't see a problem with it?

Comment

You will handle law enforcement at all properties owned by Amtrak in DC, MD and VA. Technically you can do traffic however its not your job unless its serious and you might not work a squad. Most Amtrak cops work 8 hr tours. Yes you can transfer however you go to the bottom of the seniority list when you transfer districts.
                              How often does a patrol officer work a squad? I've seen the MTU and K9 guys with cars, but never seen a patrol guy in one.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJBlack View Post
                                How often does a patrol officer work a squad? I've seen the MTU and K9 guys with cars, but never seen a patrol guy in one.
                                Very rarely.. They would rather see you inside the station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8779 users online. 263 members and 8516 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X