300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
    I agree it's a good retirement but it may not be good for everyone if your young and can do the full 30 yrs I say go for it but I think if a person gets older and knows realistically they can't do 30 then maybe not so good. Now if a person has another pension and just want to get another pension and contribute to the 401 then that could work
    Im 34 years old so Im going for it. Have to depart from DOD Police.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCFED View Post
      Im 34 years old so Im going for it. Have to depart from DOD Police.
      DC FED not to far right behind you, I've put in for so many things I lost count, (USPP, USCP,USSS,NJSP,DESP,NY court officer, Bridge tunnel officer,APD, Mwaa APO), I can write a short book about all hiring process.

Comment

• Originally posted by handsom4life View Post
        DC FED not to far right behind you, I've put in for so many things I lost count, (USPP, USCP,USSS,NJSP,DESP,NY court officer, Bridge tunnel officer,APD, Mwaa APO), I can write a short book about all hiring process.
        And no one gave you a call? Thats tough bro.

Comment

Trust me same here I heard something back from USCP. But APD is where I want to be to be honest.

Comment

That's like my life story I was on every bloody list in NY. I'd say stay up top. Civil service ain't to civil but it's a hell of a lot better then the usajobs debacle. Plus DMV area food has nothing on NY area food. Although I can say there are nicer houses then in the NYC area. And DC is slow but they think their fast. (Sorry all the native DMV people).

Comment

• Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
              And no one gave you a call? Thats tough bro.
              No I didn't say that, I am still in the process for USPP, NJSP, DESP waiting on my results for BTO over a year, DRPA just suspend the hiring process mid way through, Mwaa APO left us in the dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by krash131 View Post
                That's like my life story I was on every bloody list in NY. I'd say stay up top. Civil service ain't to civil but it's a hell of a lot better then the usajobs debacle. Plus DMV area food has nothing on NY area food. Although I can say there are nicer houses then in the NYC area. And DC is slow but they think their fast. (Sorry all the native DMV people).
                Yes USAJOBS is a debacle is right I mean most of these jobs already have planned who they want to hire or what specific group they want to hire. NY is a bigger area then the DMV plus have wayyyy more nationalities up there. Homes in the DMV are nicer than NY. Yea DC is slow compared to NY I must say. But everyone from NY trying to get down DC tho.

Comment

No I didn't say that, I am still in the process for USPP, NJSP, DESP waiting on my results for BTO over a year, DRPA just suspend the hiring process mid way through, Mwaa APO left us in the dark.
                  Hang in there 4Life something will come up don't even sweat it.

Comment

• Handsome good luck on all those lists. Since this is an Amtrak thread I will say this. If you apply to any other Amtrak job on the east coast if they call you it should be faster then DC. Although Penn is harder to break into I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                      Trust me same here I heard something back from USCP. But APD is where I want to be to be honest.
                      Keep saying that when you're on the Ivy City or Hqs posts checking ids.
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
                        I agree it's a good retirement but it may not be good for everyone if your young and can do the full 30 yrs I say go for it but I think if a person gets older and knows realistically they can't do 30 then maybe not so good. Now if a person has another pension and just want to get another pension and contribute to the 401 then that could work
                        RRB requires one to be 60 to get paid and your spouse also gets their own check.
                        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by krash131 View Post
                          Handsome good luck on all those lists. Since this is an Amtrak thread I will say this. If you apply to any other Amtrak job on the east coast if they call you it should be faster then DC. Although Penn is harder to break into I think.
                          Thanks I appreciate it, likewise. The further I've gotten with Amtrak PD was the online personality review that took some time to get through.

Comment

• I took it too and thought there is no way this came from the PD.

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                              Keep saying that when you're on the Ivy City or Hqs posts checking ids.
                              Im fine with that trust me I do that now check IDs.

Comment

• I got an email recently from APD regarding their written test. Does anyone know what's on it? If the process is almost 2 years should I even waste my time?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6918 users online. 352 members and 6566 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X