300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paddy wagon View Post
    Hi new here , has the new contract been confirmed yet and is the rate of pay not standard through the us thanks
    Still waiting for a respond to the question that I had about the contract

Comment

• I have no clue on the new contract.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Thanks 5-0, do you know what the pay is right now? And thanks for the psych information it was just like you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseyMan View Post
          Thanks 5-0, do you know what the pay is right now? And thanks for the psych information it was just like you said.
          Last I heard, for DC it was 43k starting.

Comment

• Things are moving along, I heard that the invetagator is making some calls.

Comment

• Does anyone know how many years it takes to reach top pay for NY (Penn) AMTRAK PD

Comment

• Does anyone know when will they be hiring again for DC?

Comment

• Posting went live yesterday for Baltimore, MD (Penn Station). Same division as Washington, DC (Union Station) so you will have opportunities to work in DC for special events/overtime (and if you want, eventually transfer to DC).

http://jobs.amtrak.com/job/Baltimore...201/277240300/

Comment

• Originally posted by Policeguy678 View Post
                    Posting went live yesterday for Baltimore, MD (Penn Station). Same division as Washington, DC (Union Station) so you will have opportunities to work in DC for special events/overtime (and if you want, eventually transfer to DC).

http://jobs.amtrak.com/job/Baltimore...201/277240300/
                    Any current guys on? Whats a day in the life like for someone stationed at Penn Station? What is the possibility of getting forced to transfer out of Baltimore? Any other insight also appreciated.

Comment

• How many officers they trying to hire..

How's the morale between Baltimore and DC?

What's the pay for Amtrak did they get a new contract. It's crazy how Amtrak Police can't be on the same scale of pay like Metro Transit Police (WMATA) or like GPO,US CAPITOL and etc...

Whats the number to the Baltimore office?
                      Last edited by DCFED; 07-13-2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• To answer the contract question, no new contract has gone into effect since 2007. Currently it takes 26 years to reach max pay. Amtrak uses GSA territories for pay scales (which is based off of cost of living). DC is the base pay at 0.0%. So for example, if you are in Philly, you will make 2.6% above the base pay. Starting salary right now is in the 50's-60's. You max out in the 70's-80's (as noted above in 26 years). Those are both dependent on where you are stationed. A new contract is in the works, but nothing has been finalized as of yet.

Once you have bid and are awarded a shift that is your shift. No one can bump you from your shift once it has been awarded to you. You may transfer to a different division once you have completed 1 year in your first assignment.

Any other questions, just let me know and I will try to answer them as best as possible.

Comment

• How is the Baltimore Station? Officers morale?

Comment

• Originally posted by firefighter-emt View Post
                            To answer the contract question, no new contract has gone into effect since 2007. Currently it takes 26 years to reach max pay. Amtrak uses GSA territories for pay scales (which is based off of cost of living). DC is the base pay at 0.0%. So for example, if you are in Philly, you will make 2.6% above the base pay. Starting salary right now is in the 50's-60's. You max out in the 70's-80's (as noted above in 26 years). Those are both dependent on where you are stationed. A new contract is in the works, but nothing has been finalized as of yet.

Once you have bid and are awarded a shift that is your shift. No one can bump you from your shift once it has been awarded to you. You may transfer to a different division once you have completed 1 year in your first assignment.

Any other questions, just let me know and I will try to answer them as best as possible.
                            You can be bumped if there's a layoff

Comment

• Ok, you are correct... But besides being layed-off, you will not normally be bumped from your shift.

Comment

• How short is DC in manpower?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6924 users online. 360 members and 6564 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X