300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BPDNewGuy View Post
    i want to transfer over from BPD any advice?

You cant transfer from BPD. You need to apply and go through the process like everyone else.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• sounds so funny b/c we had amtrak officers in my academy class.........

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      You cant transfer from BPD. You need to apply and go through the process like everyone else.

Comment

• I think what 5-0 is saying, is that you will need to apply when there is an opening on Amtrak site. There isn't just a transfer from one department to the other. I know there has been officers on this forum that applied and received nothing from Amtrak not if a thanks for applying. I think if you pass all steps, that since you have the academy you might not need to go.

Comment

sounds so funny b/c we had amtrak officers in my academy class.........
          So? Amtrak sends officers to the NYPD, Philly PD and other academies. You being BPD doesnt mean crap. If you hire on, you're going to be the new guy at the bottom. Just wait till you're stuck on Friday or Saturday morning at 2am in Penn Station, you'll want to leave. Nothing carries over. You need to go through the process like everyone else.

Comment

sounds so funny b/c we had amtrak officers in my academy class.........
            Just curious why you want to lateral to Amtrak?
            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

• I had the written psych test yesterday, which I thought had some crazy questions. Can people fail that portion of the test or is it when they sit down with the doctor that they fail? I'm sure no one can tell what they are looking for in that test. All I can say is that I answer the question truthfully. If its right or wrong I guess I will find out in about 2 weeks.

Comment

• First off buddy no one said it meant crap what i was saying was that if they send people to our academy then i don't see why we would have to go through another academy......

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                So? Amtrak sends officers to the NYPD, Philly PD and other academies. You being BPD doesnt mean crap. If you hire on, you're going to be the new guy at the bottom. Just wait till you're stuck on Friday or Saturday morning at 2am in Penn Station, you'll want to leave. Nothing carries over. You need to go through the process like everyone else.

Comment

• Relax junior mint.

When you get some time under your belt, if ever, then you can throw a hissy fit...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

First off buddy no one said it meant crap what i was saying was that if they send people to our academy then i don't see why we would have to go through another academy......
                    Who gives a flying f if they send folks to the BPD academy. Nobody cares. It will only waive you from going through FLETC but you'll still need to attend training at Sykesville for the MD RR police cert. Just because you're BPD, doesnt mean crap to Amtrak. You're just another applicant and id.

Comment

• 5-0, Can you give any advice on the psych evaluation? I will be going to meet the doctor in couple of weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseyMan View Post
                        5-0, Can you give any advice on the psych evaluation? I will be going to meet the doctor in couple of weeks.

Be yourself and give honest answers. Basically s/he will be reviewing your education and the answers you gave on the written test. They will want to know your background and then give a pass or fail to the police.

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                          Be yourself and give honest answers. Basically s/he will be reviewing your education and the answers you gave on the written test. They will want to know your background and then give a pass or fail to the police.
                          So how many people you know fail this step?

Comment

• 5-0 Do you know what the pay is right now and what the pay is going to be on the new contract? I spoke to an officer and he mention,that they are trying to get the same pay as NYC, any truth to that?
                            Last edited by JerseyMan; 04-24-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Had my psych eval with the doctor today, just have to wait to see how things went.

Comment

• Hi new here , has the new contract been confirmed yet and is the rate of pay not standard through the us thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6776 users online. 354 members and 6422 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X