300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BPDNewGuy View Post
    I don't think too much of a lateral b/c they send people to our academy so do they take transfers is my real question.
    No. You're not a lateral or transfer. You're considered a new hire with training.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is a new contract in place for 2015?

Do you know 5-0?

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseyMan View Post
        Does anyone know if there is a new contract in place for 2015?

Do you know 5-0?
        Last I heard they were negotiating a new one.

Comment

• Do you know how many officers they are hiring and what is the start timeframe for the academy?

Comment

Do you know how many officers they are hiring and what is the start timeframe for the academy?
            No clue. They get seats for FLETC when they have people processed and on board. You might get your MD RR certification prior to going to FLETC.

Comment

• I got a call last week from my background investigator and sent all that was required. This afternoon I got a call for my psych test for next week. My question is, I thought that my background would need to be complete before I move on to the next step? I'm not complaining just courious of how this system works.

I wonder if the academy is starting real soon and they're trying to push forward with who they have.

5-0 your thoughts?....?

Comment

• Originally posted by Code3toYourEmergency
                A good friend of mine who I worked with before he left for Amtrak police still works there out of DC. Being a curious person I always pick his brain about the ins and outs of his job. If you have questions either PM me or ask here and I will float them by him. Hes a patrol guy so he only knows so much as the next guy in terms of what the hire ups are doing, but Ill try to get some info if I can
                That would be awesome.

How many officers are they hiring for Baltimore and DC?
                Would he know when the academy will start?
                Word on the new contract for the officers?
                How is the training in FLETC?
                What are the hours?

Thanks

Comment

That would be awesome.

How many officers are they hiring for Baltimore and DC?
                  Would he know when the academy will start?
                  Word on the new contract for the officers?
                  How is the training in FLETC?
                  What are the hours?

Thanks
                  4 for Baltimore and 6 for DC. Shifts are 6am-2pm,2pm-10pm,6am-10am, however they are adjusted for manpower needs (IE OT, Sept. 11th etc.)

FLETC isnt bad, if you're in a shape you'll pass.

Yes it is common for them to the psych test during the background.

Comment

• What is the required run time for the 1 1/2 mile? I'm getting different answers for that. Is it by age or standard time of 16:30 or 14:30? I know that I'm jumping the gun and need to complete the require steps, but it seems to be going fast now.

Comment

What is the required run time for the 1 1/2 mile? I'm getting different answers for that. Is it by age or standard time of 16:30 or 14:30? I know that I'm jumping the gun and need to complete the require steps, but it seems to be going fast now.
                      For FLETC? You don't need to pass the pt to graduate. The pre-hire is by age (they didnt have it when I hired on).

Comment

• Did you like it there, anything that I would need to know? Talking Amtrak not Fletc

FLETC PT just for physical conditioning?
                        Last edited by JerseyMan; 04-07-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Did you like it there, anything that I would need to know? Talking Amtrak not Fletc

FLETC PT just for physical conditioning?
                          Its not bad. Some guys use it as a stepping stone.

PT is just physical conditioning for Amtrak. No need to pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                            Its not bad. Some guys use it as a stepping stone.

PT is just physical conditioning for Amtrak. No need to pass.
                            How about the exam, are they pass fail, and do you know of anyone who failed?

Comment

How about the exam, are they pass fail, and do you know of anyone who failed?
                              The classroom exams are based on numerical scores. Generally need a 70 to pass. Read the FLETC threads as they can tell you the current classroom standards. PT is just participation.

Comment

• i want to transfer over from BPD any advice?

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                                The classroom exams are based on numerical scores. Generally need a 70 to pass. Read the FLETC threads as they can tell you the current classroom standards. PT is just participation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6958 users online. 354 members and 6604 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X