X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't even get the Amtrak site to function
    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• What browser are you using? Also Amtrak may get 1000 applicants between Baltimore and DC (both are tested out of DC). Say 750 meet the testing requirments and 500 are tested. You might have 100 that fail the pt or written or both. Some will fail the interview or the background portion. You might end up with 10-20 solid folks and even then other people go to jobs elsewhere. Dont forget people leave Amtrack (especially in DC) for other gigs.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Does anyone mind if I ask about Amtrak PD Pay Scale?

I've seen on a Thread that Amtrak PD Officers make 72K (plus OT) after 26 years.

What about Sergeants? LT's? Captains?

Thank you for your answers.

Comment

• Contact human resources. They can give you a current pay scale.

Comment

• Amtrak Police is hiring officers in Washington, DC and New Haven, CT. Both postings can be found on the "careers" portion of their website and are open until the end of October.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valentine11 View Post
              Amtrak Police is hiring officers in Washington, DC and New Haven, CT. Both postings can be found on the "careers" portion of their website and are open until the end of October.
              Just some FYI but New Haven processes out of Boston.

Comment

• how long after a the interview with the psychologist should someone receive the next step in the process? the last thing I have to do is the medical.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike4548 View Post
                  how long after a the interview with the psychologist should someone receive the next step in the process? the last thing I have to do is the medical.
                  Mine took about 3 weeks..

Comment

• Do you have to fly/drive to the respected locations that are hiring, or can you go through the process near your local Amtrak? I live in the Clearwater/St.Pete/Tampa metro.

Thanks

EDIT-Damn. Looks like it's out of state. Don't have the expenses to travel since I'm helping my mother with financial needs.

Damn this awful state I live in.
                    Last edited by cur679; 09-20-2013, 07:09 PM.
                    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                    02/28/14-TSL Received
                    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                    07/01/14-VBT/SI
                    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                      Do you have to fly/drive to the respected locations that are hiring, or can you go through the process near your local Amtrak? I live in the Clearwater/St.Pete/Tampa metro.

Thanks

EDIT-Damn. Looks like it's out of state. Don't have the expenses to travel since I'm helping my mother with financial needs.

Damn this awful state I live in.
                      Yes you'll have to go to the location which you apply to test.

Comment

• Orlandofed5-0,

You seem pretty knowledgeable about Amtrak, so I have a question. I applied back in June of this year and have yet to hear anything from them. I've noticed Amtrak continually extends the application closing date. Since June, I thinks it has been extended three times. Is this common? Any particular reason why they're not processing the applications they have already received (reasons you could think of).

Comment

• Yeap, in the same boat as you. Don't know if I even made the interview process or anything. No point in calling the HR number.
                          Dad i'll follow in your footsteps

Pittsburgh Boy

Comment

• Originally posted by Trek4500 View Post
                            Orlandofed5-0,

You seem pretty knowledgeable about Amtrak, so I have a question. I applied back in June of this year and have yet to hear anything from them. I've noticed Amtrak continually extends the application closing date. Since June, I thinks it has been extended three times. Is this common? Any particular reason why they're not processing the applications they have already received (reasons you could think of).
                            It could be several reasons. Not enough QUALIFIED applicants. THey might want more internal applicants. Bet bet is to contact them. Also realize they might be trying to get applicants for Baltimore. Mind you Amtrak human resources is slow and with the threat of a government shutdown they might stop processing applications to focus on running the railroad and keep trains moving.

Comment

• anyone hear anything yet? my application still says in process
                              Dad i'll follow in your footsteps

Pittsburgh Boy

Comment

• I haven't heard anything either. Don't know what the hold up is. I applied in May.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6448 users online. 353 members and 6095 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X