Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Amtrak Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    From the website it looked like MA, RI and DC were hiring. I applied for all three spots.
    MDRDEP:

    There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

    Comment


    • #17
      Can someone post a link to the job announcement for DC if it is still open, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Chamillionaire View Post
        Can someone post a link to the job announcement for DC if it is still open, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
        Go through amtrak.com to the careers section
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

        Comment


        • #19
          I applied to DC and Providence.
          NYPD

          Exam: 2311 Passed:9X.XX%
          Medical: TBD
          Psych Exam: TBD
          Oral Psych: TBD
          Meet BI: TBD
          JST: TBD
          Mini-Medical: TBD

          Comment


          • #20
            Anyone know how long it takes from the vacancy announcement closing till being contacted for the next step?
            "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
              Anyone know how long it takes from the vacancy announcement closing till being contacted for the next step?
              Depends on how many they decide to test.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

              Comment


              • #22
                Can someone explain what I should expect from the day to day duties of an Amtrak officer at DC? How are transfer/promotional opportunities with Amtrak? Do they have a payscale with a lot of good increases, or am I looking to make >50k a year for a while in the DC metro area? Any perks to the job not advertised?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by johnnyReb View Post
                  Can someone explain what I should expect from the day to day duties of an Amtrak officer at DC? How are transfer/promotional opportunities with Amtrak? Do they have a payscale with a lot of good increases, or am I looking to make >50k a year for a while in the DC metro area? Any perks to the job not advertised?
                  Walk around train station. Sit in booth. Do some security measures such as working the sniffer etc. As far as transferring, once you leave a division, you start at the bottom seniority wise. Promotions are pretty decent. 3 years to sgt. I know a new contract was ratified so Iam not sure what the salary is. You can inquire with Amtrak human resources.
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                    I know a new contract was ratified so Iam not sure what the salary is. You can inquire with Amtrak human resources.
                    I'd be interested to see what the new contract entails. Can't seem to find anything about it online.

                    I went ahead and applied yesterday. Does anyone know if they give credit for prior law enforcement service if you are currently a Police Officer and start you at a higher salary, or do they start everyone at base?
                    Last edited by FordMustang; 06-22-2011, 08:12 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      You start at the bottom.
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Ouch think I might have messed up on the application. I did not initially see the other tabs on the questionnaire part of the application with the pesty java system they use. Submitted my application without filing out the veteran questionnaire or the criminal questions. Can't edit or re-apply. Hope they don't just dump the app.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Question, I was told that they don't send candidates down the FLETC anymore, so what academy would a new-hire attend?
                          "We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
                          The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons".

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BobbyJBlack View Post
                            Question, I was told that they don't send candidates down the FLETC anymore, so what academy would a new-hire attend?
                            Last edited by FriscoFed; 12-16-2011, 11:33 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by FriscoFed View Post
                              I had a couple in my FLETC class and that was within the last three years, so that must be a new policy.
                              That's what the person from HR told me over the phone. I wouldn't mind Glynco if they still send candidates there.
                              "We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
                              The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons".

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I'm In FLETC now and there is 1 guy from Amtrak From N.J. any one know there shifts ?? and do they rotate ??

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12575 users online. 509 members and 12066 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X