Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Amtrak Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DC Amtrak Police

    Looks like they just posted a new announcement for Amtrak DC.

    In the announcement it says the pay is $21.50/hour. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? That equals out to $41,280/year. Can you even live off of that in DC/NOVA?

  • #2
    Originally posted by FordMustang View Post
    Looks like they just posted a new announcement for Amtrak DC.

    In the announcement it says the pay is $21.50/hour. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? That equals out to $41,280/year. Can you even live off of that in DC/NOVA?
    Yes that is the rate of pay and there is alot of OT.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

    Comment


    • #3
      HEY 5-0!

      They still sending everyone to FLETC basic? I thought at one point or another they would accept certifications from an adjoining state you would be assigned to. Perhaps that was outside of DC.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LochRaven View Post
        HEY 5-0!

        They still sending everyone to FLETC basic? I thought at one point or another they would accept certifications from an adjoining state you would be assigned to. Perhaps that was outside of DC.
        They will accept state training.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

        Comment


        • #5
          When I look at the Amtrak site, I only see a job posting for Baltimore. Is there another site I can look to find the posting for DC?

          Comment


          • #6
            Only thing that I can guess is that they closed it already.

            Comment


            • #7
              All Baltimore hiring is done out of DC. As of right now per the Baltimore announcement they have 3 open positions. If your MPCTC certified and not hired, good way to get your cert activated.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

              Comment


              • #8
                Is Amtrak PD a coveted gig? I applied and it sounds like it could be a good fit for me because I would prefer to go federal and get a FLETC certification, but I'm curious as to how much competition there will be. I know a guy who got on right out of college with just a BA in sports management.
                "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                  Is Amtrak PD a coveted gig? I applied and it sounds like it could be a good fit for me because I would prefer to go federal and get a FLETC certification, but I'm curious as to how much competition there will be. I know a guy who got on right out of college with just a BA in sports management.
                  Its a job. DC has more turnover because people want to run again. As far as competion, it depends upon how many they have on the list and how many vacancies they have (plus funding for).
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                    Its a job. DC has more turnover because people want to run again. As far as competion, it depends upon how many they have on the list and how many vacancies they have (plus funding for).
                    I gotcha. Interesting. I guess we'll wait and see.
                    "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lamp Lighter View Post
                      I gotcha. Interesting. I guess we'll wait and see.
                      I should of wrote run and gun...lol
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                        I should of wrote run and gun...lol
                        Haha. I knew what you meant, don't worry.
                        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think you can live anywhere as long as you can make it into work on time.
                          "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Everytime I try to create the resume on the amtrak website it always has errors and I can't continue. Does anyone have the same issues?
                            NYPD

                            Exam: 2311 Passed:9X.XX%
                            Medical: TBD
                            Psych Exam: TBD
                            Oral Psych: TBD
                            Meet BI: TBD
                            JST: TBD
                            Mini-Medical: TBD

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ufgator2009 View Post
                              Everytime I try to create the resume on the amtrak website it always has errors and I can't continue. Does anyone have the same issues?
                              You can mail a resume and cover letter (my suggestion is certified return reciept) to:

                              Amtrak Human Resources
                              60 Massachusetts Avenue
                              NE 2nd Floor
                              Washington, DC 20002

                              Just add in a little note advising them of the website problem.
                              I don't answer recruitment messages....

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 11772 users online. 447 members and 11325 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X