300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Border Patrol Exam

So I took the Border Patrol Exam on 8/31 and received my score via email yesterday. Today I received an email saying that my name will be placed on an inventory, however they don't know how long it will take until I can be reached for consideration. Can anyone give me any insight as to how long it will take? I scored fairly well on the exam (92) so I'm hoping to be contacted as soon as possible. Thanks all!

If only there was a thread just for BP applicants to share their experiences and for active PAs to answer questions...

Comment

well im taking the exam in the middle of october and the annoucement is supposed to close sept 30th so my gess is december?
      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

Originally posted by nyguy87 View Post
        So I took the Border Patrol Exam on 8/31 and received my score via email yesterday. Today I received an email saying that my name will be placed on an inventory, however they don't know how long it will take until I can be reached for consideration. Can anyone give me any insight as to how long it will take? I scored fairly well on the exam (92) so I'm hoping to be contacted as soon as possible. Thanks all!
        I took the exam, scored the same as you! haha Good Job. Out of the 200 that showed up in Chicago, only about 20 of us passed. That being said, once you complete ALL your paperwork and submit it, usually takes about 3 to 4 weeks to process it. Then they will contact you for the intial interview. They will tell you business casual, but WEAR A SUIT. 3 guys got bounced from my interview for wearing khakis. The interview is tiered. Tier 1, finish up any paperwork, Tier 2 preliminary interview with 3 CBP officers. TIier 3, those 3 officers review your answers with you and make a decision to pass you along to the BI or bounce you from the process completely.

Once that is finished, if they are interested they will call you. From there the process FLIES. You physical exam will be set up, and a BI will fly out and talk to your neighbors, friends, current and past employers. After that he will set up a meeting with you (took me about 3 days) where he will go over EVERYTHING (all forms, documents)

After that, the BI will submit his findings to his boss, then from there they will contact you with class and availability info.
        Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by dcsnoboard22 View Post
            preliminary interview with 3 CBP officers
            Great info! Be sure to call the Agents CBP Officers and see if you pass the OB...

Best advice is to check out honorfirst.com and their forum or at least join in the ongoing 80 something page thread here on O.com.
            Last edited by madchiken; 09-03-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              Great info! Be sure to call the Agents CBP Officers and see if you pass the OB...

Best advice is to check out honorfirst.com and their forum or at least join in the ongoing 80 something page thread here on O.com.
              Totally forgot about that part.
              Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

I scored a 71, after guessing most of the artificial language part, im am highly suprised that I even passed. Do I have a shot with a 71?

Comment

Originally posted by usman939 View Post
                  I scored a 71, after guessing most of the artificial language part, im am highly suprised that I even passed. Do I have a shot with a 71?
                  NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

where are the majority of agents being sent to? Arizona? does south texas have any shot?

also can someone pm on how and if agents can get COMP time? i understand the AUO pay of 25% but i want to know about comp time.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by miami1987 View Post
                      where are the majority of agents being sent to? Arizona? does south texas have any shot?
                      A huge majority are going to Arizona. Don't bank on getting stationed in Texas.
                      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by miami1987 View Post

also can someone pm on how and if agents can get COMP time? i understand the AUO pay of 25% but i want to know about comp time.thanks
                        I've never heard of anyone getting comp time. It may be possible but I've never heard of it. If you want a lot of time off, do not apply to the Patrol.

Comment

if we put south texas in our geo preference would they still call or give me the interview and say we have places in AZ avaialble would you like to change, or should i just change to AZ all together?

Comment

No matter what your geo pref is, they will offer you what is available at the time, from Imperial Beach, CA to Brownsville, TX.

Comment

gracias amigo! i dont really care where. im AZ, i prefer south texas and/or san diego but ill go anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4773 users online. 262 members and 4511 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X