Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MCarter
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2020

Last edited by MCarter; 10-15-2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• blue_guy
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2018

Hey there, I had a few questions regarding the the US park police officer position, the USAjobs.gov website stated that the pay scale is from 60k-117k, 1) how many years would take an officer to reach top pay (what are the pay steps), 2) does that stated salary range include night differential, holiday pay and overtime or is that separate from the stated pay range? (Any extra incentive pay that I missed to mention?) 3) after how years of service can an officer retire and how is that pension payout calculated? I would be very grateful for any information anyone could provide, thank you and have a great day!

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        At the written exam, they answered some questions for us about that. The salary does NOT include overtime. They said to expect to make an extra 30% on top of your base pay due to overtime or differentials.

I don't know how long it takes to reach top pay, but I've read somewhere it's like 25-30 years. No idea if that's accurate though.
    • MCarter
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2020

Last edited by MCarter; 10-15-2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        The agility test made me the most nervous. I couldn't find much information about it online, and it didn't make a lot of sense to me in concept. Didn't know what to expect. I also very rarely sprint or go for speed. I passed it but not sure how much of a buffer I had. I was really worried about knocking over a cone or doing something out of order. I thought the staff did a good job of walking me through it though.

Did they let you try to run it a second time? Sorry you didn't make it through. Good news is that they're expecting to make another job announcement in March, once the current cycle is all done.
        Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 08-19-2020, 11:11 AM.

• MCarter
        MCarter commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I ran a second time and came extremely close. Lol. Yea I heard they will be hiring again so that’s good. Congrats and good luck.
    • Winter_Patriot
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2019

I passed the written test and I'm moving onto the forms review part next month. Took about three days for them to grade my national POST test. That's faster than I thought. During the written test, the staff told us it'd be 2 to 3 weeks for the test results.

Comment

• Subtle
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Winter_Patriot
        I passed the written test and I'm moving onto the forms review part next month. Took about three days for them to grade my national POST test. That's faster than I thought. During the written test, the staff told us it'd be 2 to 3 weeks for the test results.
        when did you take the POST? I took it Wednesday didn't get anything yet. Did you get the Eventbrite email for the forms review?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
          Winter_Patriot commented
          Editing a comment
          I took mine on Monday. Received an email yesterday about it, although I don't think it was an eventbrite ticket. Maybe that is to follow. I had requested to do the forms review in SF, because I'm from the west coast. Not sure if that made a difference in the timing of the email. Maybe they're doing them in phases depending on location.
          Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 08-21-2020, 02:24 PM.
      • Mann192
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2019

Did anyone else receive POST exam results back ?

Comment

• Subtle
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2020

Just got the email for, forms review !! They’re moving quick. Best of luck to everybody.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats. What dates are available for you? I'm trying to go over the holiday.

• Subtle
            Subtle commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. The first date available was September 8th and the last was around the 14th I believe.

• Winter_Patriot
            Winter_Patriot commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool. I am Sept. 7 in SF. I'm from the west coast so I asked to do the forms review there instead of DC, and they were willing to accommodate me. I like DC but it's a long flight while being masked up. Good luck with your forms review. I've been hunting down old traffic citations and related court records for a week now. Hoping I can get everything in time. May be a close one, hopefully they don't turn me away at the forms review.
        • Winter_Patriot
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2019

How did forms review go for everyone?

Mine was about 2.5 hours, but I've lived a lot of places and had a few different jobs.

Comment

• Subtle
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Winter_Patriot
            How did forms review go for everyone?

Mine was about 2.5 hours, but I've lived a lot of places and had a few different jobs.
            Mine was about an hour and I asked a lot of questions about the job and the remaining parts of the process.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
              Winter_Patriot commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool. I thought I had all the forms I needed, but ended up needing about six more items. Got most of them already this week, but man, this is a thorough process. By far more thorough than getting a Top Secret clearance for the military.
          • Winter_Patriot
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2019

Anyone have their references/employers called for the Background Investigation yet? Told mine last week that they might be getting called.
            Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 09-17-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2019

Received an email for a drug screening test. Hadn't spoken to anyone from the USPP about that before, so am surprised to get the email. What's that mean in terms of the background investigation or competitiveness? I have a conditional offer with another agency now (which is my dream job at the moment) but am keeping my hat in the ring here until I clear the medical with the other agency.
              Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 10-01-2020, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• FWD1987
                FWD1987 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was told that if you are in the medical phase of the process, you pretty much got the job because NPS got limited funds

• Winter_Patriot
                Winter_Patriot commented
                Editing a comment
                I see -- very good to know. Does the drug test then count as being in the medical phase, or is it more of a background check thing? I have not heard anything about panel interviews yet.

With another agency I applied to, the drug screen was part of the medical process.
            • TheLoneEnsign
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2020

Does anyone know if there are a lot of west coast applicants that want to stay on the west coast?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2019

Interview invites did go out for the people who either tested or did their BI interviews in SF. I think the first wave of PEB invites were SF or DC. Second wave of invites was only for DC (including me).

Comment

• M180
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2017

I’m on the dc side I’m still waiting to get an invite for the interview, my friend is waiting for his too. Told sometime in nov we should hear something for the panel

Comment

• Subtle
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2020

I'm an applicant from NY, got panel invite for November in NY. Best of luck to all !

Comment

• EastCoast22
                      EastCoast22 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey congrats man! When did you do the forms review?

• Winter_Patriot
                      Winter_Patriot commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I did the forms review in early September in SF. I probably would have been in the later group that did it in DC, but the USPP let me do the forms review in SF. I think that moved me up to an earlier forms review and panel interview date, as opposed to just staying in the DC-only testing cycle.

• Subtle
                      Subtle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Winter_Patriot so the invites in NY are the 2nd and 3rd week of November so its coming up. No idea how many slots are open TBH, if you go back in the forum it say somewhere that only 100 got invited to the panel last time and they hired 24 something along the lines. congrats, best of luck and keep us posted.

EastCoast22 same here I had my Forms review in September in DC

• Winter_Patriot
                      Winter_Patriot commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My background investigator had 30 people he was working with. I don't know how many background investigators are working on this application cycle though.

Only a total of 5-7 people were interviewing in SF for this entire vacancy announcement. You could probably figure out how many other people made it to the interview by combining the number of New York and SF interview times/spots.

I was told that anyone passing the interview panel would go onto the medical. I asked if that getting into medical meant that someone would have a high chance of getting a tentative offer. It sounded like it's no guarantee, but that it's definitely good to make it to the medical part.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19422 users online. 54 members and 19368 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...