Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn didn’t received an invite from newest announcement to start the hiring process. And now it seems that they are doing processing in NY and I didn’t get the invite.
    Last edited by Bidstar; 07-04-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      They did waves last year. I was in the second wave of invites but interviewed with the first people who tested in DC.

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh good to know, lets see if I get in the second wave.

• I just got an invitation to my USPP interview. Does this mean that my background is finished?

Comment

• White_Wombat
      White_Wombat commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, but one of my employers emailed me around the same time as the invite saying he was submitting his background info to the investigator so it definitely wasn’t 100% complete

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      My employer at the time had just sent his info in when I got my panel invite. I assumed that meant the background was clear. Or maybe it just means no glaring issues that would prevent you from attending the panel.

• Trascall
      Trascall commented
      Editing a comment
      Most likely its near completion. Some things may still be missing, but aren't as important as others. i.e if your high school transcript is missing, but you have your college degree transcript its fine. I've worked with less just to get a person thru the process, and continued to work once a offer was made/accepted.

• As some of you know the agency is in the final process to hire a class of 24 for the fall. A class of 17 just returned from FLETC last week and started their DC orientation on Monday. The agency has received approval for 100 new officers in 2021. 1 new officer class for DC, 1 new officer class for SF, and1 lateral class for DC. The lateral class should only do the 5 week add-on at FLETC, 5 week DC orientation, and then Field Training.

If you have a question shoot me a PM.

Comment

• Anthropologist
      Anthropologist commented
      Editing a comment
      The last class lost 7 trainees? Ouch! I wonder if the COVID restrictions had something to do with attrition rate.

• Trascall
      Trascall commented
      Editing a comment
      The departures were not due to COVID.

• Denver81
      Denver81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell in my UPTP class we dropped 9 a day before graduation, also not do to covid.

• JZ153
      JZ153 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is the lateral class for DC still gonna take place?

• I applied in the beginning of May and haven't heard anything on my application. Safe to assume I won't ever?

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      They did waves last year. I was in the second group to get testing invites but was in the first group to interview. If they don’t find enough people to hire from the first group of panel interviews maybe they will invite others to test.

• Update: I passed my panel interview. Now it’s on to medical

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      Same thing, you can't go to medical w/o passing the panel. I think your scores/ranking still determine if you're get a final offer, but your odds are very good at this phase.

• wydstepbro
      wydstepbro commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait, absent some medically disqualifying reason at this point, there’s still a chance you won’t be able to get hired? Is that confirmed?

• Winter_Patriot
      Winter_Patriot commented
      Editing a comment
      There are people in prior years who cleared medical but who weren’t hired. Can’t say if that will be the issue this year.

• SethRo3233
      SethRo3233 commented
      Editing a comment
      hopefully the calls start happening in the middle of this week of September. I've been fished with my medical since the 16th of AUG.

• Hi guys.
    so I applied May 2021. Got an email in July to vote on where I wanted to take my test. I just got an email telling me all the paperwork I need to begin fill out out. They said they are still waiting for test dates for September that the new covid stuff going on is possibly slowing it down.

Questions for you guys. How fast has the process been for you? Time line?
    I applied for CBP and currently am still waiting for my polygraph.

is it normal to have submit all documents in person with no electronic option during the exam day?

Just found that odd.
    as I am a federal employee and never did that for any federal job I’ve applied too.

I am located in NYC by the way.

Comment

• Dalexander91
      Dalexander91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied on 5/11/2021, and I am already into doing my medical next week. So a little over 3 months and I am very close to a potential final offer. I am actually quite surprised at how fast it has been moving along. Yes, they will conduct a Background interview with you after your initial testing, this is normal. They will require you to bring a very VERY large amount of physical documents, so I would recommend you start requesting them and compiling them now.

This process requires a lot of work from the applicant themselves, so keep that in mind along the way.

• Mike2686
      Mike2686 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s really fast!!! Keep us posted on that!
      I applied for CBP In Nov 2018. Took my interview in April 2019 and been waiting for a polygraph sever since. So slow and this hopefully looks like it will go faster.
      I want to get in the door with law enforcement.
      I’m currently already a federal employee working with TSA. Which I still need to fill out so much if the paperwork even though I’m already in the system. SMH it’s crazy but it all depends on how much someone wants the job.

Is it crazy I’m more worried for the paperwork stuff then the actual test lol

• Denver81
      Denver81 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is always going to be paper work no matter how many federal agencies you go work for. I went from one federal agency to the next and still had to do a good amount of paper work. Being in the system already doesn't matter. You still need to go through the process like anyone else. I didn't have to complete a probationary period.
      Last edited by Denver81; 08-20-2021, 05:58 AM.

• Got my email I need to print out and start filling everything out now they want to start testing in September

Comment

• Far more paperwork than any regular federal background. They want certified copies of your driving abstract in every state you’ve had a license, even if you’ve never had a ticket there. Any traffic ticket or contact with LE, USPP wants the police report, whether or not it still exists The BI will need your actual diploma, not a verified copy of your transcripts. It’s a lot of paperwork and expense, and you won’t have time to acquire everything. Start collecting these items now.

Comment

• Dalexander91
        Dalexander91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah but honestly, it just comes down to HOW much you want to work for USPP and how much you’re willing to do. I agree that’s it’s an absurd amount of legwork on the applicant, but I was able to get everything I needed for the BI interview in about a month and some change.

Also, I don’t think my hiring process was anything typical , compared to everything you and others I’ve told me haha
        Last edited by Dalexander91; 08-18-2021, 12:51 PM.

• Bidstar
        Bidstar commented
        Editing a comment
        I just noticed that I was surprised for the amount of paperwork that has to be fill out, it makes more sense to let all this paperwork for after applicants pass the written exam and physical exam in my opinion or make it electronically like the other agencies do.

• Do they let applicants know if they have been rejected or turned down for the position?

Comment

• Not always. you can ask for an update though. In my experience the communication was not great and they did not reply to my requests for an update. When I withdrew to take another federal job, I got a one word reply.

Comment

• bolo411
          bolo411 commented
          Editing a comment
          that's terrible.

• The US Park Police are requiring that all new hires take the vaccine as a condition of employment.

Comment

• Trascall
          Trascall commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did you hear that from? I'm with the agency and that's not been mentioned by anyone.

• Forester87
          Forester87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Trascall

Perhaps that should have been worded differently. It has been made a condition of employment by USPP for new hires (not laterals?) because FLETC is only allowing vaccinated students for the next 120 days. Because USPP requires the completion of UPTP at FLETC, it has been made a condition of employment for newly hired officers to be fully vaccinated.
          Last edited by Forester87; 09-01-2021, 11:34 AM.

• Anyone heard anything since doing their medical exam? Contacted my BI and she just said play the waiting game and I should hear something soon.

Comment

• Dalexander91
          Dalexander91 commented
          Editing a comment
          No I haven’t heard anything!! I’m in the same boat.

• Trascall
          Trascall commented
          Editing a comment
          Fair enough. FLETC is requiring students to verify they're status online. I'm not sure how that would play if the agency was pressed. You could be hired and just attend FLETC at a later date.

• SethRo3233
          SethRo3233 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haven’t heard a peep. But I assume the calls will start in the middle of sept since they said the next FLECTC date wasn’t till late OCT

• Anxiously waiting….

Comment

• SethRo3233
          SethRo3233 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the same boat. Do you think we should give them a call or email for an update?

• They just announced another opening. You can find it here

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/613641100

I planned on emailing them Monday. It’s clear that we should hear something soon because of the opening.

Comment

• Dalexander91
          Dalexander91 commented
          Editing a comment
          My thoughts exactly.

• SethRo3233
          SethRo3233 commented
          Editing a comment
          the job announcement was canceled. I really wouldn't sweat all this. The call will come, they said it happens in the middle of month.

• I heard yesterday that final job offers are imminent…….

Comment

• SethRo3233
          SethRo3233 commented
          Editing a comment
          It will probably come latest next friday.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3153 users online. 138 members and 3015 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X