300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United States Park Police

I guess I will start a new thread since the last one just vanished into thin air. Spooky!

It sucks that other thread disappeared. There was some great information in there.

Comment

• Delonte08
      Delonte08 commented
      Editing a comment
      Forum Member

Tweet

United States Park Police
      02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
      I guess I will start a new thread since the last one just vanished into thin air. Spooky!

I agree. There was a lot of great information in that thread.

For those of you that practiced the agility before the PEB, did you guys run faster or slower during the real thing. I have been getting between 16 and 16.5. Been using an indoor track, might try it on a basketball court next.

Comment

Originally posted by AGInvestigator View Post
      I agree. There was a lot of great information in that thread.

For those of you that practiced the agility before the PEB, did you guys run faster or slower during the real thing. I have been getting between 16 and 16.5. Been using an indoor track, might try it on a basketball court next.
      I practiced for a week before the PEB on an ashpalt basketball court. I was running it in about 18 flat and i ran slower(partially due to nerves partially due to the slippery as hell gym floor they used). I would get to a basketball court and practice if you can.
      NYPD Exam # 6093-List # 15xx
      NYS Trooper exam passed 90% List # 14xx
      Westchester County Police Exam # 60-003 List# 2xx

Comment

Thanks Das. You are coming down to Atlanta to re-test right?

Comment

I've been doing mine on a tennis court. I'm not sure what the surface will be like in Atlanta, so I hope it's not far off. I've been doing decent times, but in the thread that was deleted some of the guys said they used folding chairs instead of cones. I bet that throws your timing off a good bit.

Comment

can somebody tell me where i can find the numbers for medical? I wasn't given anything after the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeTacMedic View Post
              can somebody tell me where i can find the numbers for medical? I wasn't given anything after the interview.
              They will call you to schedule you for your medical

Comment

The hell? somebody i was with during the interview said he is calling places now for the medical. Maybe he meant his doc to make sure he's ok for the med?

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeTacMedic View Post
                  The hell? somebody i was with during the interview said he is calling places now for the medical. Maybe he meant his doc to make sure he's ok for the med?
                  Tac, I sent you a PM and I was running somewhere in the 16's during practice (outside tennis court), but when I did my agility I got 18, I would definitely recommend court shoes, I didn't use mine, and I didn't slide much, but that was also probably due to my running shoes being fairly new. I'd give court shoes a real look into.
                  Alphabet soup.....yummmmmmmm

Comment

I am going to bring a pair of cross trainers and my running shoes. I have practiced the agility with both. Someone in the previous thread said Atlanta's agility was done inside on carpet. If thats the case I dont think sliding will be an issue. I agree that folding chairs could throw off your time a bit.

Comment

i called Sgt. Sommers about a week ago to ask a few questions about the ATL peb, and he told me that the agility would be on a "gym floor" and they would also be using chairs.

So, anyone that has taken the PEB at the Atlanta airport Marriott, can you tell us what the deal is?

Agility- carpet, gym floor?

1.5mi- track, road course?

mainly id like an idea of what shoes to wear for the agility. i dont exactly have "court shoes". i wore a pair of high top Vans because i thought their concern was making black marks all over their floor, as they kept making comments about that at the written. at the PEB, they asked a few people why they didnt have court shoes on, and told them that the reason they ask for court shoes is because other shoes arent made for lateral movement. well, i dont care what other shoes are "made for", i know i can move better in cross trainers than i can in hightop Vans with no arch support...
                      use my trueprotein.com discount code for 5% off- MTD244

Comment

Originally posted by SportsterChop View Post
                        i called Sgt. Sommers about a week ago to ask a few questions about the ATL peb, and he told me that the agility would be on a "gym floor" and they would also be using chairs.

So, anyone that has taken the PEB at the Atlanta airport Marriott, can you tell us what the deal is?

Agility- carpet, gym floor?

1.5mi- track, road course?

mainly id like an idea of what shoes to wear for the agility. i dont exactly have "court shoes". i wore a pair of high top Vans because i thought their concern was making black marks all over their floor, as they kept making comments about that at the written. at the PEB, they asked a few people why they didnt have court shoes on, and told them that the reason they ask for court shoes is because other shoes arent made for lateral movement. well, i dont care what other shoes are "made for", i know i can move better in cross trainers than i can in hightop Vans with no arch support...
                        I was 100% surprised how slippery the gym floor really was, I saw so many people slide, and slide far, but I still didn't see too many people wearing "court" shoes..I hadn't ran in mine much and when I did I felt slow and clunky, I guess its really down to preference, and risking it but they definitely make a difference (court shoes) in cutting/traction.
                        Alphabet soup.....yummmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by AGInvestigator View Post
                          Thanks Das. You are coming down to Atlanta to re-test right?
                          yah man, gotta do it, Ill see you down there.
                          NYPD Exam # 6093-List # 15xx
                          NYS Trooper exam passed 90% List # 14xx
                          Westchester County Police Exam # 60-003 List# 2xx

Comment

Anybody had their references checked? I just scheduled medical... but I had to wait about a month to get an appointment.

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                              Winter_Patriot commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Last edited by Winter_Patriot; 01-14-2021, 04:29 PM. Reason: Old post, my mistake.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4357 users online. 270 members and 4087 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X