300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIA police and NSA police

Hi, I have applied for both NSA and CIA police. I have a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice. I have applied numerious time to both. I never hear anything back from the cia, but the NSA says we are looking further into your qualifications. I just dont know why I have never heard any more back from either. I am mort than qualified for the position. Can any one give me some pointers on what I may be doing wrong? Or if you have any info that may help that would be great also Thanks.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...t=87202&page=6

Odds are you wont hear back from the CIA for a bit...
    Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_002 View Post
      I am mort than qualified for the position.
      Usually it's the hiring agency that makes that determination, not the applicant. You may not be doing anything "wrong" per se, but if if there are more qualified applicants applying, they will get moved ahead of you. You may well meet the minimum qualifications, but that doesn't necessarily mean you are "more than qualified" to get hired, or even move to the next step in the process.

It sucks, but the reality of applying to federal jobs is you have to be patient, and sometimes the hiring processes can take more than a year. Mine lasted 3.5 years, and I wasn't initially notified after sending my applicantion for five (5) months... just to give you some perspective.
      sigpic

Comment

Try PFPA next time they have an announcement out. Similiar mission as CIA and NSA, only better pay. Good working schedule too.
        This is for all you new people. I only have one rule: everyone fights, no one quits. You don't do your Job i'll shoot you myself.

Comment

Hey I am in the same boat as you. I received the same e-mail. I have my masters but I assume there are more qualified applicants than me. You will get something. Don't put all your eggs in one basket

Comment

^ I'm in the same boat as well. Most times they require prior law enforcement experience or other requirements in addition to the education. Make sure you apply multiple places like was posted above; US Park, Capitol, MPD, etc.

Comment

CIA NSA police

Its funny. They want people with experience. But how are people like us that have no experience supposed to get some if no one will give us a chance. It is so frustrating and depressing.

Comment

Its funny. They want people with experience. But how are people like us that have no experience supposed to get some if no one will give us a chance. It is so frustrating and depressing.
                Hey Koolaid,

Have you even applied for these two positions yet or just assuming you have no experience and they won't hire you? Send me a pm.
                Last edited by MiGuy; 01-20-2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: edit......

Comment

welcome to trying to become a fed officer. I've applied to so many places, including SPS..even with a buddy who works there right now giving a referral I still haven't heard anything It's tough man, but you just gotta keep putting yourself out there and roll with whatever may happen
                  Alphabet soup.....yummmmmmmm

Comment

Join the military.
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I got my 2nd rejection letter today :/ And that was still after I used all my inside connections

Comment

Originally posted by SSterne View Post
                        I got my 2nd rejection letter today :/ And that was still after I used all my inside connections
                        Not all "inside connections" are particularly helpful in getting hired.

If all the other applicants who applied are sworn LEOs, and you come to the table as an armed security guard, the odds are the other applicants will be deemed more competitive for a law enforcement job. Just the way it is. If this is your second time to apply and things haven't worked out, and you're still interested in their agency, why not assess your situation and see what you can do to make yourself more competitive than you currently are? Maybe getting hired by a local PD and gaining some traditional law enforcement experience will help you to get hired on by CIA/NSA/intel police units, if that's where your interest is.
                        sigpic

Comment

Kimble: Thanks for the insight. That's my plan

Comment

Its not funny at all. I wouldnt want a person with no experiance protecting secure locations. Just going to FLETC or a basic training of some sort isint enough in my opinion to set you up for a job for those agencys, just my 2 cents. Try CBP,TSA, IRS etc. TSA has Inspectors which are 1801's and will help you out. CBP has not only LEOs but CBP Techs which are 1802's. These type of jobs are more into hiring non Military persons, law enforcement etc....

As for now just get into the Govt, you can move around once you get in.

SGT. K
                            sigpicSGT. K

11B, 2002-2005 - Iraq 2003-2004
                            31B, 2007-Present, current K-9 Handler

"whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

Originally posted by MP-K-9 View Post
                              Its not funny at all. I wouldnt want a person with no experiance protecting secure locations. Just going to FLETC or a basic training of some sort isint enough in my opinion to set you up for a job for those agencys, just my 2 cents.
                              Hmm... Interesting statement. Care to elaborate?
                              Last edited by audio; 02-03-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7673 users online. 376 members and 7297 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X