300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
    I think you forgot about all the Federal Natural Resourced Agencies. Yeah maybe in Washington DC USPP is.
    That he did.....

USFWS
    USFS
    USBLM
    USNPS
    USTVAP

Just some he forgot, thats not on a security mission.

Comment

Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
      That he did.....

USFWS
      USFS
      USBLM
      USNPS
      USTVAP

Just some he forgot, thats not on a security mission.
      Yes but how many of them are police agencies. This thread much like the federal uniform thread is kinda confusing. Are we talking of agencies that strictly hire 0083 series or other series such as you guys @ TVA, the 0025 at NPS etc. If I said police agencies, I would be thinking 0083 series since it is the police officer series as defined by OPM.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
        Yes but how many of them are police agencies. This thread much like the federal uniform thread is kinda confusing. Are we talking of agencies that strictly hire 0083 series or other series such as you guys @ TVA, the 0025 at NPS etc. If I said police agencies, I would be thinking 0083 series since it is the police officer series as defined by OPM.
        I get what your saying going just by the 083 series, because I wanna say BLM and FS are possibly 1801, I could be wrong. NPS and FWS not sure 025???

TVAP is weird I will tell you that we dont go by series number, we dont even hire through usajobs.gov you have to go through tva.gov???

So i definately know what you mean on confusing?

Comment

Thanks for this thread!

Comment

Good Info guys! How often does USPP give out a test? I missed the last one.
            “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

Also nobody is talking about the US Marshals??!
              “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
                I get what your saying going just by the 083 series, because I wanna say BLM and FS are possibly 1801, I could be wrong. NPS and FWS not sure 025???
                BLM Law Enforcement Rangers are 1801
                USFS Law Enforcement Officers are 1801
                NPS Law Enforcement/Protection Rangers are 025
                USFWS Refuge/Zone Officers are 025 but there is talks about going 1801
                NOAA/NMFS Enforcement Officers are 1801, but VERY different job/duties from the other NR agencies

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                  Well what is the difference between a "police" agency and a "law enforcement" agency? I know a couple USFS Officers who literally write hundreds of state/federal tickets every year, but I know some officers that are 0083 or even local LE that don't write anything close to that. One of these officers is one of the top officers as far as DUI stats go in his respective county out of any agency and it is the second biggest county in the state with about 800,000 residents.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCardinal85 View Post
                    Park Police is the only federal agency that you mentioned that does actual police work. UD will pull the occasional traffic, but its not their mission. Though they love backing us up when we pull traffic. FBI Police I've never seen anywhere but at their buildings controlling access and checking passes, same for Capitol.
                    Incorrect. USCP's patrol division handles assignments and responds to calls for service as well as actively patrol.

Comment

Please define what you mean by police work? Doing high speed chases, cracking skull, getting into shoot outs? If this is what he is wanting, federal is not the way to go. There are federal agencies that are sworn police with coverage under LEOSA, that don't do this all the time. If he wants that he should try border patrol or indian affairs police. There are plenty of agencies law enforcement that do community or situational police work. Just about every department, including department of education have police, and have investigators both 0083 investigators and 1811 criminal investigators. Putting down one agencies LEO as not worth applying for just because they don't do "Real police" work is crap. Real police work is working with the community to prevent crime, not reacting to crime after it happens.
                      GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

I will vouch for the Park Police.....

Never worked for them or with them, but after PMing with a member on here about what he does on a day to day basis, if I ever had a desire to go 0083, I would apply with them.

Problem is unlike a city or state job (I left out county, because some counties make you start at the Jail before you go Patrol), with the USPP it is my understanding you will have start out working static posts or force protection type duties for your first year or so. I don't believe you get hired and start rocking and rolling right off the bat in a Patrol Division......for those in the know, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds like your friend just needs to go local if wants to get immediate patrol/street experience.

Your buddy could always go State Police/Highway Patrol.............immediate patrol duty after the academy, work alone with little to no supervision, large patrol areas and statewide jurisdiction (no city or county lines to deal with), take home car and top notch equipment.

Not that I'm biased about being a State Trooper or anything............

Otherwise, like I said, if I ever wanted to go Fed and do Patrol work, I would go USPP.

As far as 1811s, I have worked closely with some, mostly DEA and the Marshalls. It can be as proactive as you want it to be. Being a full-time investigator is not my cup of tea though; it requires too much patience and what not. I’m more of the run and gun type guy and quite frankly, I like to stir up my crap on my own terms. I wouldn’t like getting handed cases for a living or spending days and weeks following up on the ones I generated. I have often heard agents that were prior locals say they wish they had stayed local. It’s where the action is at in IMO. And before anyone flames me about 1811 action, I have been there done that as far as the task force deals. While it was fun and it had its moments, I still would take the road over 1811 work all week long and twice on Sunday. Most of the 1811 folks I have met told me, if it wasn’t for the pay, they would have stayed/gone local.

To each his own I guess........

Comment

As far as USPP goes, EVERYONE starts out in D-1. Which is still a patrol station.. They do have the most foot beats on the job, and they do involve security type work, but you rotate foot beats and cruiser assignments in the downtown area. So, even though you are new, and assigned to the Mall and downtown area, there is still an opportunity to go out in your first year or 2 and do "real police work"...

After a year or so, you can transfer to another station where you will be in a cruiser everyday or almost everyday.

Once again the USPP is the top of the game in Federal Uniformed LE.... We have SWAT, Motors, K-9, CIB, Aviation, Traffic Safety, Horses, A Marine Unit, CDU units , Bike Patrol, we do RADAR, LASER, Crash Reconstruction, Narcotics, etc.

like I saiw a GREAT job.

www.nps.gov/uspp

www.uspppressroom.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey , hope this is the right place to put this rather then starting a new thread, but I stumbled across something online the other day and hoped someone might be able to offer a brit whos alien to all this sort of thing a little information

whats the role of the Justice Protective Service? I'm assuming there akin to the FPS & FBI police but other then the picture of the badge I found I can't find anymore info on them

http://www.yourlapelpins.com/mini_ba...tice_badge.jpg
                            I swear down bruv I never touched your motor !!

can you tell me why your sitting in the drivers seat then ?

Comment

Justice Protective Service is a force of contract security officers with Special Deputy Marshal LE authority. They protect some of the DOJ facilities here in DC. I'm not sure if they are located anywhere else. Bearcat, I believe, was a manager over them at one time, so he can probably speak more intelligently about them.

Comment

ok thanks for the info may ping bearcat a PM
                                I swear down bruv I never touched your motor !!

can you tell me why your sitting in the drivers seat then ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3278 users online. 208 members and 3070 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X