X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wildlife97
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    Yes but how many of them are police agencies. This thread much like the federal uniform thread is kinda confusing. Are we talking of agencies that strictly hire 0083 series or other series such as you guys @ TVA, the 0025 at NPS etc. If I said police agencies, I would be thinking 0083 series since it is the police officer series as defined by OPM.
    Well what is the difference between a "police" agency and a "law enforcement" agency? I know a couple USFS Officers who literally write hundreds of state/federal tickets every year, but I know some officers that are 0083 or even local LE that don't write anything close to that. One of these officers is one of the top officers as far as DUI stats go in his respective county out of any agency and it is the second biggest county in the state with about 800,000 residents.

Leave a comment:

• wildlife97
    replied
    Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
    I get what your saying going just by the 083 series, because I wanna say BLM and FS are possibly 1801, I could be wrong. NPS and FWS not sure 025???
    BLM Law Enforcement Rangers are 1801
    USFS Law Enforcement Officers are 1801
    NPS Law Enforcement/Protection Rangers are 025
    USFWS Refuge/Zone Officers are 025 but there is talks about going 1801
    NOAA/NMFS Enforcement Officers are 1801, but VERY different job/duties from the other NR agencies

Leave a comment:

• rocknroll
    replied
    Also nobody is talking about the US Marshals??!

Leave a comment:

• rocknroll
    replied
    Good Info guys! How often does USPP give out a test? I missed the last one.

Leave a comment:

• Oohrah23
    replied
    Thanks for this thread!

Leave a comment:

• DARE_SUPPORTER
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    Yes but how many of them are police agencies. This thread much like the federal uniform thread is kinda confusing. Are we talking of agencies that strictly hire 0083 series or other series such as you guys @ TVA, the 0025 at NPS etc. If I said police agencies, I would be thinking 0083 series since it is the police officer series as defined by OPM.
    I get what your saying going just by the 083 series, because I wanna say BLM and FS are possibly 1801, I could be wrong. NPS and FWS not sure 025???

TVAP is weird I will tell you that we dont go by series number, we dont even hire through usajobs.gov you have to go through tva.gov???

So i definately know what you mean on confusing?

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    That he did.....

USFWS
    USFS
    USBLM
    USNPS
    USTVAP

Just some he forgot, thats not on a security mission.

Leave a comment:

• DARE_SUPPORTER
    replied
    Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
    I think you forgot about all the Federal Natural Resourced Agencies. Yeah maybe in Washington DC USPP is.
    That he did.....

USFWS
    USFS
    USBLM
    USNPS
    USTVAP

Just some he forgot, thats not on a security mission.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    My only issue with using NPS is 2 fold.

1. in order to get hired at most parks, one needs to pay for training and get an NPS level 2 commission. Most other federal agencies DO NOT require this.

2. Many parks are seasonal in nature and while they can be slammed 5-6 months out of the year the rest of the time they can be quiet.

Leave a comment:

• george4
    replied
    Yes I did forget about them. I never realized the work that is done at some of our bigger national parks until I went to FLETC. Some of the instructors were LEOs in national parks. They said that they encounter crimes from across the spectrum and often work alone in the middle of no mans land.

Leave a comment:

• ACO88
    replied
    Originally posted by george4 View Post
    The poster is actually mostly correct reference the Park Police. Most federal LEO jobs are considered security oriented policing whether we like to hear it or not. The exception is probably BP but they too have static posts.

PFPA, USCP, USSS/UD, etc all have a "patrol" function but the primary mission of those agencies is security of the buildings, people, and information of their respective agencies. Yes LE work is done by all of those agencies but the mission and scope of the LE work is typically geared towards the overall goal of force protection.

USPP does police work but they to have their physical security missions. Just look around at the various monuments in the NCR. Overall I would say that USPP is probably the most active uniformed FED LEO job. They cover a lot of ground and deal with some unsavory characters throughout the city.

Throughout the city versus only on specific government properties or within certain boundaries set up to keep officers away from the not so nice parts of DC.
    I think you forgot about all the Federal Natural Resourced Agencies. Yeah maybe in Washington DC USPP is.

Leave a comment:

• george4
    replied
    WRONG!!!!!!!
    The poster is actually mostly correct reference the Park Police. Most federal LEO jobs are considered security oriented policing whether we like to hear it or not. The exception is probably BP but they too have static posts.

PFPA, USCP, USSS/UD, etc all have a "patrol" function but the primary mission of those agencies is security of the buildings, people, and information of their respective agencies. Yes LE work is done by all of those agencies but the mission and scope of the LE work is typically geared towards the overall goal of force protection.

USPP does police work but they to have their physical security missions. Just look around at the various monuments in the NCR. Overall I would say that USPP is probably the most active uniformed FED LEO job. They cover a lot of ground and deal with some unsavory characters throughout the city.

Throughout the city versus only on specific government properties or within certain boundaries set up to keep officers away from the not so nice parts of DC.

Leave a comment:

• DARE_SUPPORTER
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCardinal85 View Post
    Park Police is the only federal agency that you mentioned that does actual police work. .

WRONG!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JSanchez222
    replied
    Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone.. My friend ( as anyone who actually knows me, is aware that I am already OTJ ) was made aware of this thread and is now actually interestED in the USPP.
    I looked up the USPP and i emailed my info. is there anything else I need to do??

Thx ur da bomb=)

btw I gotta talk 2 u!! lol

Leave a comment:

• ICEAGENT
    replied
    Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
    If you are looking for "proactive" 1811, is really not for him. Most 1811 postions, except for a few on task forces are totally reactive.

They sit in an office and wait for a state or local officer to bring them a case, and then they work it.
    Totally, completely 100% incorrect. Any 1811 who "sits in his office waiting for someone to bring them a case" is a slug. There are plenty of proactive things you can do as an 1811. In my office, if we have nothing going on case-specific, we do database research, surveillance on potential targets, meet and develop sources, etc.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3222 users online. 154 members and 3068 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X