No announcement yet.

Making the


300x250 Mobile

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Making the

    Interested to get the perspective on those of you that have had a similar situation, how you went about coming to a decision, and if you feel like you made the right call or regret your decision?

    I'm currently a GS 14 (Step 4) at DHS. I have passed Phase I and have the opportunity to take the phase II as soon as I heal from a knee injury I'm rehabbing right now.

    Obviously, I have become accustomed to a certain level of income and lifestyle that would have to drastically be changed. To go from a 14 to a 10 (even with the LEAP) I would be giving up about $30K per year. I first applied when I was in Tennessee a few years ago when the salary wasn't an issue. I never heard back before I moved to DC, had to transfer my file (and essentially reapply again). By the time I finally got the call about testing for Phase I, I had reached GS 14. Because I have made it this far and this is something I've wanted to do for a while I plan to continue through the process and make the decision if and when the time comes.

    I know there are a lot of people who have left better pay behind to be an agent and others who have decided it wasn't the best decision. So back to the original question, love to get some feedback on other's decision making process and what factors you considered the most important in helping you come to your decision.

MR300x250 Tablet


What's Going On


There are currently 3303 users online. 239 members and 3064 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad