Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYCardinal85
    replied
    On the plus side, the school gives them free tuition. But agreed, I wouldn't want to work for a police department that didn't let me carry.

Leave a comment:

• SHU
    replied
    Anyone who would work as a uniformed police officer without carrying is an idiot. I carry every where I go whether its on vacation on the other side of the country or to the grocery store down the street. Anybody who would work for this department needs their head examined asap. They have a death wish.

Leave a comment:

• theheights109
    replied
    Originally posted by XD-40 View Post
    but still a Georgetown University Police vehicle nonetheless lol

I actually like those better. Still ugly but better looking then the ones on the main campus.
    Sorry I should have been more specific....the main campus and the law school are completely independent departments...the MAIN campus has no reds!

Leave a comment:

• XD-40
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    XD-40 that is from the law school NOT the main campus.
    but still a Georgetown University Police vehicle nonetheless lol

I actually like those better. Still ugly but better looking then the ones on the main campus.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied

XD-40 that is from the law school NOT the main campus.

Leave a comment:

• XD-40
    replied
    Originally posted by theheights109 View Post
    Georgetown DOES NOT have red at all...just blue...unless that has changed sometime since last Saturday, which I doubt it has.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DCPSDcop
    replied
    Georgetown University Law School Dept of Public Safety has red and blue on white cruisers.

Georgetown University Dept of Public Safety has all blue lights on blue cruisers with white tops.

The two departments are separate due to the Dean of the Law School being a very powerful person and not liking the old Director of the Dept of Public Safety (William Tucker); so the university allowed her to have her own separate police force for her campus.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Originally posted by theheights109 View Post
    Georgetown DOES NOT have red at all...just blue...unless that has changed sometime since last Saturday, which I doubt it has.
    Georgetown law public safety has red n blues, they are the campus by Union Station on NJ ave.

Leave a comment:

• theheights109
    replied
    I thought Georgetown Public Safety had red and blues...

Leave a comment:

• dcUniCop
    replied
    If they do, that would make them emergency vehicles... But Howard, AU, GW, Catholic, etc. just have blues and aren't EVs.
    Last edited by dcUniCop; 11-21-2009, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• XD-40
    replied
    Originally posted by dcUniCop View Post
    Agreed--I think I misspoke (mistyped?). I meant that none of the universities that have all-blue lights (especially on their police vehicles) have gone through the process to be designated by DPW as being emergency vehicles. DPW is the city agency that designates EV status and since none of the university police have reds I believe that means they haven't gone through that process.

Leave a comment:

• dcUniCop
    replied
    Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
    That is absolutely INCORRECT. Although I have often heard that from people. There is nothing in the DC Code that says a university police department cannot operate emergency vehicles.

Case in point. GWU Police - EMS Division (EMeRG) has fully equipped emergency vehicles (red lights and sirens) which operate on city streets of the District of Columbia.

Georgetown University EMS (GERMS) has fully equipped emergency vehicles (red lights and sirens) which operate on city streets of the District of Columbia.

Like I said, there is nothing in the DC Code which says universities can't have emergency vehicles. That is a myth.
    Agreed--I think I misspoke (mistyped?). I meant that none of the universities that have all-blue lights (especially on their police vehicles) have gone through the process to be designated by DPW as being emergency vehicles. DPW is the city agency that designates EV status and since none of the university police have reds I believe that means they haven't gone through that process.

Leave a comment:

• DCPSDcop
    replied
    Originally posted by dcUniCop View Post
    they're not technically supposed to use lights/sirens at all and can't be an emergency vehicle.
    That is absolutely INCORRECT. Although I have often heard that from people. There is nothing in the DC Code that says a university police department cannot operate emergency vehicles.

Case in point. GWU Police - EMS Division (EMeRG) has fully equipped emergency vehicles (red lights and sirens) which operate on city streets of the District of Columbia.

Georgetown University EMS (GERMS) has fully equipped emergency vehicles (red lights and sirens) which operate on city streets of the District of Columbia.

Like I said, there is nothing in the DC Code which says universities can't have emergency vehicles. That is a myth.

Leave a comment:

• dcUniCop
    replied
    Originally posted by flash40 View Post
    Indeed. Looks a lot nicer than the green! I glanced in one last week and couldn't see any controls - do they have sirens? Are they considered / can they be operated as emergency vehicles ?
    To follow-up on the others' comments--to be an emergency vehicle in DC you have to have red lights. Blue signifies priority but doesn't give emergency status. Whenever a university police car is driving on public roads (outside their jurisdiction) they're not technically supposed to use lights/sirens at all and can't be an emergency vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• moparfan
    replied
    HOW, but like someone said prior they dont carry so guess it makes sense. Its like USC Public Safety out here in CA. They go through a full police acedemy 22wks but they dont have police powers. They still have to get a guard card and all the permits. Their cars have amber lights and all. Then the other odd agency out here are the police officers for the CA Dept Of Mental Health. They are fully marked officers, patches and units all say police and have emeregency lights but they dont carry side arms at all. Doesnt make any sense out here either. Guess every area has that one odd PD.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3527 users online. 192 members and 3335 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X