300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC Security Guard

Heres your chance to go to FLETC Cheltneham..
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLETC Armed Security Guard - Cheltenham, MD
    Job Summary
    Company Job ID
    09150003LP-5051785
    Job Title
    FLETC Armed Security Guard - Cheltenham, MD
    Company:
    Chenega Corporation
    AJE Reference Number
    Job Start/End Date
    not provided
    Job Type
    Regular
    Job Classification
    Full Time
    Hours/Week
    not provided
    Salary Range
    not provided N/A
    Education
    High School Diploma or GED
    Required Degree/Formal Training
    not provided
    Required Licenses/Certificates
    not provided
    Experience
    not provided
    Company Homepage
    not provided

Chenega Security & Protection Services, LLC

Job Title: Armed Security Guard
    Chenega Job Title: Guard II, Armed
    Contract: Contingent Award
    Department: Operations
    Reports To: Shift Supervisor
    FLSA Status: SCA Full-time Non-exempt

Summary: The Armed Security Guard is primarily responsible to perform protective service work such as guarding Government owned or leased buildings and property, protecting Government equipment and material, and controlling access to Federal installations by employees, visitors, residents, and patients. The Guard will protect and prevent loss of materials or processes, which are important for national defense, public health or safety, or their value as national treasures. The Guard does not act in the capacity of a law enforcement officer, and has no arrest or apprehension powers. The Guard is armed with a side arm, shotgun, or other weapons as required.

Supervisory Responsibilities: None

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
    Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position

- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies, and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.

- May be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays. ? Other duties may be assigned.

- Will arrive at work prior to guard mount, in proper uniform and carrying needed, issued equipment

- Will be armed with either pistol or shotgun and will be required to exercise force up to and including deadly force

- Will draw assigned weapon ? Will participate in Guard Mount, receive assigned post, and copy any extra instructions.

- Will carry out general and special orders for post assigned

- Will communicate via radio, telephone and orally according to general and special; orders

- Required to interact with public and government personnel.

- Will provide access control, traffic control and conduct walking and motorized security guard functions.

- Will be responsible for cleanliness of uniform and equipment assigned.

- Will follow applicable standard operating procedures and regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, government property and equipment

- Will not remove firearm from installation, required to turn in after shift.

Qualifications
    To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

Education and/or Experience
    - Must be at least 21 years of age.

- Minimum of GED or high school diploma.

- Successful completion of a law enforcement discipline; or completed a bona fide law enforcement course of instruction desirable.

- Extensive experience preferably with a civilian police force, military police force, or civilian security guard organization

- Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site.

Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
    ýýý U.S. Citizenship

ýýý A valid state drivers license.

ýýý Must speak, read, write, and understand English.

ýýý Must possess, or be able to secure a DoD security clearance as may be required by the installation.

ýýý Must have or be able to obtain current State armed Security Officer registration.

ýýý Honorably discharged/retired from the Military.

ýýý Be able to meet any Federal, State, or Municipal requirements to work as an armed Security Guard.

Language Skills
    Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,

A benefit package may or may not be available. Request specific information from the employer.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

This is regular security. There is nothing special about this position. Yeah you work at FLETC, but that's all you do. You have no LE powers!
    "It has to get dark before you see the previews"

Comment

Originally posted by Ghodfrii View Post
      This is regular security. There is nothing special about this position. Yeah you work at FLETC, but that's all you do. You have no LE powers!
      It was meant as a joke highspeed. Very few security guards such as yourself do not need LE powers.

Comment

Great job for retiree.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntman
          I don't see anything funny about the FLETC Armed Guard position?
          I think its funny...but FLETC 5.0 in GA is better

Comment

I don't see anything funny about the FLETC Armed Guard position?
            Its meant for the few posters who want to go to FLETC but for some reaosn have not hired on. Its their way into FLETC. Go back to your gate.

Originally posted by jmat1980
            I think its funny...but FLETC 5.0 in GA is better
            I think they were hiring for down there too!

Comment

It can't be better than FLETC 5.0 in NM. Nothing like drawing down on some federal agents outside their room...

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                It can't be better than FLETC 5.0 in NM. Nothing like drawing down on some federal agents outside their room...
                I never had a problem with the guys at FLETC 5-0 in Glynco. They got me back in my room when I locked myself out one day when i was in the shower.

Comment

+1 I agree. FLETC (Georgia) 5-0 dont play dat! lmao
                  Last edited by XD-40; 10-23-2009, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                    I never had a problem with the guys at FLETC 5-0 in Glynco. They got me back in my room when I locked myself out one day when i was in the shower.
                    In Artesia, they're either Barney Fife or Tackleberry. At least that's how it was a few years ago.

Comment

every gate gaurd ive met in ga has been very cool

Comment

FLETC Glynco, I had ZERO problems with the FLETC-50, but then again, I did not drive onto the campus reeking of alcohol, try to sneak in te back gate, hide in the trunk of a car, try to sneak a handgun or other weapon in, get into a fight in the GB, Drive like a nut,

or any othr foolish things that I have heard has happened over the years.

They bascially checked my ID at the gate and let me go on my way, they kept me safe while i was there from crazed ati-government persons who may have tried to do me, or my other classmates harm.

Comment

The FLETC Guards I have met in MD and in GA were nice folks who treated me well while I was on their turf.
                          "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Comment

How do you get a job with the FLETC 5-0 in Glynco,GA?
                            Same company hires for guards down there.....

They pay them pennies....why would want to move there to work for them...???

Comment

I thought the 5-0 in GA were federal employees.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6095 users online. 355 members and 5740 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X