300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaving standards

I have a question that's been bugging me for a few weeks now. I'm a black man who suffers from pfb which is a shaving condition. I've tried single,triple,double edged and no matter what type of razor I try I get horrible bumps and irritation so I cannot shave. I know the military offers shaving profiles but I was wondering what agencies such as SSUD,USCP and CIA Police's views are on this.

I dont know what the police rec are for pfb. Most officers that i know are all clean shaven i use to have the same problem until i found a product called TEND SKIN www.tendskin.com that stuff works been using it for the better part of 4 years and all bumps are gone. dont not have that problem no matter what type of blade i use. give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrocerygetter View Post
      I have a question that's been bugging me for a few weeks now. I'm a black man who suffers from pfb which is a shaving condition. I've tried single,triple,double edged and no matter what type of razor I try I get horrible bumps and irritation so I cannot shave. I know the military offers shaving profiles but I was wondering what agencies such as SSUD,USCP and CIA Police's views are on this.
      When I was with the SSUD there were a number of officers who had the same condition. They were allowed to grow beards as long as they were properly groomed. I think they only had to provide documentation that you in fact had the condition. I cant speak for USCP or CIA SPO's. I would imagine a similar exception exists for both agencies.

Comment

Yeah I've heard of that. I'm just tired of trying stuff. I've tried black opal,Bumpstopper,Bumpzapper,Fusion blades,single blades,Neutrogena and even bought a double edge merkur razor(40.00) because thats whats "susposed" to work for brothas lol. Guess it cant hurt to try one more thing. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Originally posted by george4 View Post
          When I was with the SSUD there were a number of officers who had the same condition. They were allowed to grow beards as long as they were properly groomed. I think they only had to provide documentation that you in fact had the condition. I cant speak for USCP or CIA SPO's. I would imagine a similar exception exists for both agencies.
          That definitely helps alot. Thank you.

Comment

Have you considered using an electric shaver? Well more of an edger style (clipper) rather than the traditional electric. They leave some stubble (which isn't visible) but you can feel is there. Haven't had razor bumps since I started using it.

Comment

I currently have a shaving waiver with MPDC. I had to get a note from my personal doctor and then take it to our clinic. I am allowed to have a beard but it has to be neatly groomed. I to suffer from pbf and I can only use barbers clippers to rid myself of facial hair. But I still get razor bumps. I am currently using an anti razor bump cream called "skin tight" and it is the only thing that works for me personally.

http://www.skintightproducts.com/

Comment

CBP also lets you grow facial hair with a doctors note.

Comment

CIA gives waivers with a doctors note.

Comment

PFPA does not allow beards or goatees of any kind. The reasoning behind it is that your gas mask does not seal properly with facial hair, and one of the conditions of employment is that you are able to wear Personal Protective Equipment.

Comment

I see USCP officers with trimmed short facial hair all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BD380 View Post
                        PFPA does not allow beards or goatees of any kind. The reasoning behind it is that your gas mask does not seal properly with facial hair, and one of the conditions of employment is that you are able to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
                        People with facial hair can still wear PPE. That's what hooded masks are for. Kinda surprised you guys don't have those available for this situation, they don't cost anymore than a normal variant.

Comment

US Park Police has several officers with Dr's notes, and they have trimmed beards.

Comment

Originally posted by areg38 View Post
                            People with facial hair can still wear PPE. That's what hooded masks are for. Kinda surprised you guys don't have those available for this situation, they don't cost anymore than a normal variant.
                            I'm sure they're aware of that - I think they're just using that as an excuse to ensure that everyone is clean shaven.

Comment

Originally posted by PrsnrTransport View Post
                              Have you considered using an electric shaver? Well more of an edger style (clipper) rather than the traditional electric. They leave some stubble (which isn't visible) but you can feel is there. Haven't had razor bumps since I started using it.

Yeah I have but not sure which one to buy. I was hearing reviews about the Wahl electric shaver which is susposed to be specifically for razor bump prevention. I'm currently using some Andis clippers which are okay but don't get me as close as I would like to be.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5272 users online. 290 members and 4982 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X