300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPD PLUS Program

I found this on MPD website. Does anyone know anything about this?

Do I have to live in the District of Columbia to be an MPD officer?
    MPD officers do not have to reside in DC; however, there is a residency preference that adds points to the rating and ranking score of qualified candidates who live in the District of Columbia. Police officers who live in the District are also eligible for certain housing assistance programs, including PLUS (Police & Landlords for Unity and Safety), which provides officers who live in the District with discounted rent from private or public sector housing providers.

This what I found....

District officials and business owners announced a rent discount program yesterday for D.C. police officers, a move they hope will persuade more of them to live in the city.

In some cases, the program, called Police and Landlords for Unity and Safety, will allow the D.C. officers to live in apartments rent free.

Two-thirds of the city's 3,700 officers now live in Maryland and Virginia, officials said.

About 50 private apartment units located all over the city are available to officers, said Shaun Pharr, of the Apartment and Office Building Association
    We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

hmm, I'm curious what kind of neighborhood you will be in if the landlord is willing to let you live there rent free because you're a cop. I do however have a friend that did get a slight discount on rent and got a free parking space which probably saved him around 3 grand a year. A lot of places I've seen charge an additional 100+ per month just for parking.

Comment

It's a reduced rent program for officers to live in areas that could use more police presence. Advantages for the officer are the reduced (or free) rent and, by living in the District, you become eligible for the take home car program. Of course, like M17 said, you don't need to be in this program to ask for a police discount at wherever you're looking to live--I def get a discount where I live and it's in a nice area.

Comment

Let me add, my friend was a DC officer and was given the discount while he was still in the academy, so it probably doesn't hurt to ask about some sort of discount if you're going to live inside the district.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3685 users online. 166 members and 3519 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X