300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding HR218...

I was wondering if the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency Police and Defense Logistics Agency Police were covered under HR218. As far as I know, the only two uniformed DoD agencies that are covered are Pentagon Police and NSA Police. Any insight would be appreciated. thanks also is there a such agency as Defense Intelligence Agency Police?

Found This!!!

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/c...df/552512p.pdf

Comment

The 3 other DoD policing agencies (NGA,DIA,DLA) do not have off duty carry.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Any idea why not? They attend FLETC and do the same training that we do.

Comment

Originally posted by XD-40 View Post
          The authority comes via a military commander vs a civilian such as why PFPA-PPD and NSA police have statutory authority.

Comment

One of the prerequisites for coverage under LEOSA/HR218 is that the LEO possess statutory arrest authority. That is, their authority to arrest is granted by federal statute. PFPA and NSA are the only uniformed agencies under the DoD umbrella that possess statutory authority.

NGA, DIA, and DLA police derive their authority from their installation commander, not federal statutes. Therefore, they do not meet the requirements of LEOSA/HR218.

Comment

Paragraph 2.2 shows you which DoD agencies are covered by LEOSA/HR218. As you can see, PFPA and NSA are the only uniformed agencies in the list due to the fact that they have statutory arrest authority and meet all the other requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by BD380 View Post
                One of the prerequisites for coverage under LEOSA/HR218 is that the LEO possess statutory arrest authority. That is, their authority to arrest is granted by federal statute. PFPA and NSA are the only uniformed agencies under the DoD umbrella that possess statutory authority.

NGA, DIA, and DLA police derive their authority from their installation commander, not federal statutes. Therefore, they do not meet the requirements of LEOSA/HR218.
                DLA recieve their authority via the director of DLA who is a military officer. NGA/DIA are the same reason.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by BD380 View Post

Any idea about thier 1811s....? I have no clue and am curious....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                      Any idea about thier 1811s....? I have no clue and am curious....
                      DLA DCIA have statutory authority.

DIA OIG 1811's do also. From the DIA 1811 opening on USAJOBS:

MAJOR DUTIES:
                      The incumbent serves as a Criminal Investigator in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and occupies a primary law enforcement officer position under the meaning of 5 U.S.C. 5541(3)(A), 5 U.S.C. 8331(20), or 5 U.S.C. 8401(17). Primarily plans, organizes, conducts, and directs sensitive investigations of the criminal laws of the United States, under the supervision of the Investigations supervisor. The incumbent conducts investigations in a fair and impartial manner, and with the perseverance necessary to determine the facts. Gathers and reports evidence in an unbiased and independent manner in an effort to determine the validity of an allegation or to resolve an issue. Included in the definition of “investigation of the criminal laws of the United States” are alleged or suspected violations by agency military personnel of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). The offenses investigated include, but are not limited to: program fraud, property fraud, bribery, larceny, embezzlement, collusion, conflict of interest, contract fraud, product substitution, and violations of other Federal statutes covering fraudulent activities.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                        DIA OIG 1811's do also.
                        Thanks....I was wondering as if a DIA 1811 gig opens up out here....and they can match....you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                          Thanks....I was wondering as if a DIA 1811 gig opens up out here....and they can match....you never know.

I wouldnt see why not. I know DLA DCIA is looking to expand from talking to some of their SA's.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                            I wouldnt see why not. I know DLA DCIA is looking to expand from talking to some of their SA's.
                            I know that DIA, DLA, and DCIS have folks out here.....so...

Not saying I don't like my job.....but if a good investigative job came up.....it is what it is....

Comment

I think a lot is still open to interpretation. The USCG (enlisted) , technically does not have the authority, but a judge in NYS recently threw out a case, where an off-duty Coastie was charged with a handgun violation because the Coastie had LE Authority, even though his agency did not allow him to off-duty carry.

MY buddy just went to a great seminar in NJ or this subject, Very knowledgable attorney, gave great handouts and insight into the LEOSA, and its affects on various State, Federal, and Local officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2967 users online. 150 members and 2817 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X