Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application Cross Reference

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Application Cross Reference

    I have found that most LE application packets ask you to list other agencies that you have applied with. Do they cross reference information within the applications or do they just check to see if you were rejected or accepted?

  • #2
    Originally posted by theoldsouthern View Post
    I have found that most LE application packets ask you to list other agencies that you have applied with. Do they cross reference information within the applications or do they just check to see if you were rejected or accepted?
    They can and most likely will, do both of those things you mentioned. For instance, if you get DQ'd from one agency then you can bet that the Inv. for another agency is going to call and find out why.

    Comment


    • #3
      One of the other reasons is, why should we start a BI, if the other Dept. is right on the brink of hiring you, kind of a waste of time, if you think about it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
        One of the other reasons is, why should we start a BI, if the other Dept. is right on the brink of hiring you, kind of a waste of time, if you think about it.
        Two months ago I was thinking the same ting - but then again, why would some agencies use Polygraph, others CVSA, some use both, and at least one does not have a fitness test to begin with (and others have very easy fitness tests) - I was told that each agency is goverend by their own rules and tests. During my various fingerprints for Va and Md Handgun permits/armed license, I still have to get finger printed for each seperate agency I've applied to. IMHO, there should be a standardized United States LE test (or something of that nature).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ifp123 View Post
          IMHO, there should be a standardized United States LE test (or something of that nature).
          Absolutely! I've been thinking about that recently...there should be a common application and personal history statement too! It gets so tiring (and wasteful) to fill in each agency's booklet, when they all want the same info!

          Comment


          • #6
            Deleted Message
            Last edited by Bluemax205; 10-02-2009, 01:10 PM.
            MPDC
            -----------------
            POST: 07/18/09 Passed
            Blue Book: 07/24/09 Passed

            BI: 09/29/09 Pending
            Psyc/Med: TBD
            RB: TBD

            Comment


            • #7
              +1 To that.
              MPDC
              -----------------
              POST: 07/18/09 Passed
              Blue Book: 07/24/09 Passed

              BI: 09/29/09 Pending
              Psyc/Med: TBD
              RB: TBD

              Comment

              MR300x250 Tablet

              Collapse

              What's Going On

              Collapse

              There are currently 5842 users online. 306 members and 5536 guests.

              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

              Welcome Ad

              Collapse
              Working...
              X