300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick SSUD Question

My buddy is starting the application process and wants to try a little shooting first. He said that you guys use p229 in .357, but didn't know if they were DA/SA or DAO. Anyone?
    Magistrate: "Do you have any other pending charges?"
    Drunk: "Well there's this thing where the cops said I spit blood on them."
    Me: "Wait a minute, that was me!"
    Drunk: "Oh... now you like me even less."

I would say that is probably the WORST thing you could do.... IMHO.

Most dept. ESPECIALLY the USSS have specific way they teach you to shoot, "practicing" on your own will only HURT you. The best shooters to come out of most classes are guys/girls who have NEVER picked up a gun before, and are taught by the FLETC instructors....

Besides, he will have plenty of time to shoot during FLETC, and USSS Specialized portion.

If i have not dissuaded you, I beleive it is double, single, with a decocker, at least that was what it was 13 years ago when I went to FLETC.

try Googling it.

Comment

I fully agree. I feel that I learned more doing the shooting portion of my academy because I didn't already have bad habits that had to be broken first. That being said, I don't think I can convince him, so if he's going to do it I don't want him to get used to the wrong trigger system.
      Magistrate: "Do you have any other pending charges?"
      Drunk: "Well there's this thing where the cops said I spit blood on them."
      Me: "Wait a minute, that was me!"
      Drunk: "Oh... now you like me even less."

Comment

I am former UD and I have to agree with the 2971511....

I was local LEO prior to my UD days. When I went UD I discovered that my shooting technique was HORRIBLE! I passed all my quals at my old department but my scores were low and all of my rounds ended up low and right. Jerking the trigger if you will coupled with poor stance. Never corrected by my FI instructor.

FLETC changed that slightly but Beltsville changed everything. You will shoot everyday. And I mean everyday. I was one of the last people in my class to pass the SQC. They will work with you until you get it....trust me.

Some of the best shooters ended up being the ones who had never fired a gun. They had no bad habits to break unlike me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6359 users online. 372 members and 5987 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X