300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oig, Dot 1811

Just saw this position open up today. It says it's a covered 1811 gig that goes through CITP @ FLETC.. anyone have any insight on this position?

Originally posted by Wrangler81 View Post
    Just saw this position open up today. It says it's a covered 1811 gig that goes through CITP @ FLETC.. anyone have any insight on this position?
    They are federal career intern slots.

WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
    This announcement is open to current senior students or recent
    graduates of an accredited college/university (the school must be
    accredited by one of the regional or national institutional
    associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education).

USDOT IG handles fraud, waste and abuse. The NYC field office does some criminal investigations for the US Merchant Marine Academy police.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Anyone else on here applying for any of these slots? Also why is it open for so long?

Comment

Originally posted by StateChamp View Post
        Anyone else on here applying for any of these slots? Also why is it open for so long?
        I have applied to the FCIP and the public announcements. The FCIP is generally open longer than normal announcements.

Using IRS as an example. There public announcement was open two weeks, but their FCIP was open 6 months.

The IRS FCIP screening process is brutal. They generally are looking for people with NOR of 95-100 or 105-110. Everyone in my interview group had master degrees. The IRS is bringing in 500 new agents from the public announcement but less than 100 FCIP. FCIP is looked on as fast tract developmental in some agencies. 2009 will be the first special agents FCIP for the IRS.

This I believe is the first FCIP program for special agents in DOT OIG.
        "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

I applied to these as well!
          Last edited by AGInvestigator; 09-27-2009, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I applied as well... I just got me degree and put in for chicago, ny, or dc.. I am currently an IEA for ICE... so hopefully that helps... any idea how long the hiring process is?? I hope not to long considering there is no test or any other requirement....

Comment

Originally posted by Scout0315 View Post
              I have applied to the FCIP and the public announcements. The FCIP is generally open longer than normal announcements.

Using IRS as an example. There public announcement was open two weeks, but their FCIP was open 6 months.

The IRS FCIP screening process is brutal. They generally are looking for people with NOR of 95-100 or 105-110. Everyone in my interview group had master degrees. The IRS is bringing in 500 new agents from the public announcement but less than 100 FCIP. FCIP is looked on as fast tract developmental in some agencies. 2009 will be the first special agents FCIP for the IRS.

This I believe is the first FCIP program for special agents in DOT OIG.
              Thanks for the info. Wonder how long the process will take from the time the announcement closes?

Good luck everyone!!

Comment

i applied as well.... i already faxed in my sf50 and transcripts... there are two different fax cover sheets one that says requested at registration and the other saying the job announcement and such (both fax covers look the exact same).... did you guys send it to both? good luck to everyone

Comment

Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
                  i applied as well.... i already faxed in my sf50 and transcripts... there are two different fax cover sheets one that says requested at registration and the other saying the job announcement and such (both fax covers look the exact same).... did you guys send it to both? good luck to everyone
                  yup sent both

Comment

thanks Zman

Comment

no prob... what location you put in for?

Comment

What's everyone's background? I know you are an IEA Zman. Just wondering what type of people are applying?

Comment

Originally posted by Zman7 View Post
                          no prob... what location you put in for?
                          all locations (most preference for nyc) but im going under the fcip program since i graduated from college last year and am a current graduate school student... i dont have enough time in grade to make the other announcement... i wonder when we are going to hear something back

Comment

They said it was possible they would make selections before the announcement closed, so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by AGInvestigator View Post
                              They said it was possible they would make selections before the announcement closed, so who knows.
                              i hope so... But I called them and asked when they were looking to bring people aboard and they said after the announcement closes... But from then it say you can be picked up anywhere from a week to a month... Anyone ever complete the Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP) at FLETC?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5073 users online. 287 members and 4786 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X