300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• federal advice

I recently left a small police department in TN due to some small-town politics... the joys of probation... I have a couple of options now.

I eventually want to be a plainclothes investigator, and I think I would enjoy a federal 1811 gig. I really have two choices at this point; take a year and finish my bachelor's degree in international relations full time now and then try for a federal job, or try to get on with another and hopefully larger and less political department, get a few more years of LE experience while I finish my degree part time, and try then (which would inevitably take longer). For you federales out there, what would you recommend? I only had 14 months at my police department.

Based upon what you describe, you honestly need to finish up your Master's Degree before you'll become a highly competitive candidate for an 1811 gig.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

1811= Highly competitive, unless you have a Masters, or already went toFLETC CITP, it is hard to get into. Remember, If they hire you, they pay for your schooling. If you come over with a CI course, you're more like a 90 day wonder, or even less, they have made a minimal investment if you do not work out.

I would say do PD and finish school. Many CI positions like persons that are already cops, and have real street exp.

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
        1811= Highly competitive, unless you have a Masters, or already went toFLETC CITP, it is hard to get into. Remember, If they hire you, they pay for your schooling. If you come over with a CI course, you're more like a 90 day wonder, or even less, they have made a minimal investment if you do not work out.

I would say do PD and finish school. Many CI positions like persons that are already cops, and have real street exp.
        Yep. Agree. Get some more time on the street and finish your degree. Your be better off for it when you do apply.
        sigpic
        Formerly Username k91376
        " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3060 users online. 133 members and 2927 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X