300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dept. Of Justice Police

I know they have the FBI police and use contract SPO's at the DoJ HQS in DC but I noticed this patch on ebay and would love to know about them.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

I have no clue.....as DOJ uses SPOs (Wackenhut) for all 15 buildings in the DC area that fall under Justice Management. There are a couple of buildings on H Street that use other SPOs.....

Contract is up this fall and folks with Wackenhut are scared they are going to lose it.

I have never, ever seen that patch. IF it was ever used.....it would have been back in the 70s/80s.....MAYBE.... I just don't know the history that far back.

As far as I know, they have always been SPOs of some sort......

Comment

Precursor to the FBI Police maybe, ???... Just a SWAG.

Comment

These are the patches that the contractors that work for DOJ (I believe Intercon and Wackenhut) wear. Like the US State Department contractors they wear patches of the federal agency that contracts their services. They also swear these guys in as Special Deputy US Marshal's.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

Well, I stand corrected. I could've sworn, I have seen the guys around the DOJ Buildings wearing that patch before; but clearly they aren't now.

Last edited by DCPSDcop; 09-06-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
            These are the patches that the contractors that work for DOJ (I believe Intercon and Wackenhut) wear. Like the US State Department contractors they wear patches of the federal agency that contracts their services. They also swear these guys in as Special Deputy US Marshal's.
            Nope....it is not the current patch.... I was a COTR for that contract.....I should know.....

And it's Wackenhut right now.......

Comment

Besdies, by law I do not think that a Contract Guard can wear a patch that says "Police", If you look at the State Dept. and other contract guards, their patches do not say POLICE at all.

Comment

The United States Department of State and Diplomatic Security Service have enough clout to see to it that the patches of their contracted security force can say whatever they want it to say.

Comment

That may be true, but their patches DO NOT SAY POLICE...

They say "Diplomatic Security Service" which was the point i was trying to make. They are guards, their patch does not say "POLICE"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4717 users online. 277 members and 4440 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X