300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Intelligence Agency

Along the lines of the 'hiring push,' the CIA is hiring Police Officers, also. They seem to be divided into two categories; "Police Officers" and "Security Officers," but the division isn't clear and I applied for one but am interviewing for the other, or so it would appear.

Seems like a great opportunity, and the process seems pretty standard, including the ever-present and entirely useless polygraph.

In the federal government, the job title "Security Officer" refers to an administrative position which oversees a security related functionality; not a 0085 Security Guard.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

So it's not a police officer?

Comment

Originally posted by Static View Post
        So it's not a police officer?
        No. Its a lock and key guy or an administrator.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

The federal government's definition of "police officer" is different than what you probably think the job is. For the CIA, you will be standing in essence what is "guard duty". You may move up (if you're there long enough) to other positions such as K9 or their in-house SWAT team. You will only be patrolling in the sense of driving or walking around CIA facilities and grounds.

https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportun...e-officer.html
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
            The federal government's definition of "police officer" is different than what you probably think the job is. For the CIA, you will be standing in essence what is "guard duty". You may move up (if you're there long enough) to other positions such as K9 or their in-house SWAT team. You will only be patrolling in the sense of driving or walking around CIA facilities and grounds.

Yeah I read that. Not all that explicit, is it?

I wonder if this is for me...

Comment

When you know how to translate "Fed", it's plenty specific.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

All of what was said is true. So if you are looking to do police work....move on I say. However, the Force Protection mission interests some.

I looked at the CIA "police officer" program a long time ago. At the time there was someone in the know on the board. They mentioned the possibility of being deployed overseas. I dont know what for or where but the source seemed reliable.

The unfortunate thing with the CIA folks is they dont (nor should they) tell you much. Good Luck and if you live in the area then may I suggest a visit to a post at Langley. Ask the officers what they think about the job. Probably get a mix of reviews but at least you will get it from the horses mouth so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by george4 View Post
                  The unfortunate thing with the CIA folks is they dont (nor should they) tell you much. Good Luck and if you live in the area then may I suggest a visit to a post at Langley. Ask the officers what they think about the job. Probably get a mix of reviews but at least you will get it from the horses mouth so to speak.
                  Although it sounds like a good idea (I was told to do that for Capitol Police and Park Police), I would not suggest that. I say that because, if you have no business being there, that is trespassing on Federal property and you should expect to be investigated as such. The best route is to look for one of their hiring blitz' that they put on and you can talk to officer's there. Goodluck.

Comment

Originally posted by george4 View Post
                    All of what was said is true. So if you are looking to do police work....move on I say. However, the Force Protection mission interests some.

I looked at the CIA "police officer" program a long time ago. At the time there was someone in the know on the board. They mentioned the possibility of being deployed overseas. I dont know what for or where but the source seemed reliable.

You are correct, SPS does send their guys worldwide for different missions. Just think, there are facilities worldwide that need protection, and very high level of individuals who need protection traveling to and from outside the US.

Its a great place to get your foot in the door, get a very high, valuable, and highly desired clearance, and you get top-level training and a 20yr retirement. May not be the fastest or "high speed" agency around, but the opportunities are endless.

Comment

SPS officers at CIA have a 20 year retirement??

Comment

Originally posted by rsm1969 View Post
                        SPS officers at CIA have a 20 year retirement??
                        Yes
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

* FERS Special:

Uniformed SPS personnel who are 40 years of age or younger at time of appointment are eligible for FERS Special. FERS Special allows covered employees to retire with a minimum of 20 years service at age 50 without having to serve 5 or more years overseas.

Now for the travel job...

https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportun...ive-agent.html

Seems to me that if your do your time as an SPS Officer, you could move into the Protective Agent position. But I don't know that for sure...

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. Is the protective agent an option for a person after you complete your 3 years? What are the pt requirments for this positon? thanks for your help.

Comment

If you go to the agency website and contact them via E-Mail they might get you in contact with someone on the job.

I would minimize your net exposure if you are serious about a job there.

M-11
                              “All men dream...... But not equally..
                              Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                              but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                              for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3181 users online. 197 members and 2984 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X