300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal L.E. Internships

Has anyone had any experience with a federal internship. I have begun to look at a few federal agencies that I would like to earn an internship with, but am curious as to how it all works out. If anyone has any input as to any information relevant to this experience it is greatly appreciated. I have roughly looked at Us Park Police, USMS, and ICE, but any other agency experience is welcomed.

P.s. Do you live in a pre-determined location, or do you have to find and pay for your own place to live? What duties/ experiences occur while involved in the internship.
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

I haven't done one myself but I've looked into it quite a bit. You'll find most are unpaid and offer no kind of housing assistance. That's not to say that paid one's don't exist though. The problem I've run into is that most of them require cooperation with your university. If you go to a small university where professors actually know your name, and you can just walk into the advising office without an appointment, that might not be a big deal. I go to a large state uni and even getting someone to answer your emails can be a challenge. USMS's internship program seems to only be available through select universities. NCIS seems to have an extensive program if you go look it up on their website. FBI has a bunch but I think they're among the most competetive internships in the country. ATF, DEA have internships if you call them and dig. ATF said they are strictly office based and can not take you into the field. with that said they were very nice and helpful about it (at least my FO). Called DEA, was sent an email on who to call, called her, and never heard back. DSS has internships through the general State Dept internship porgram. FLETC has internships as well.

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with a federal internship. I have begun to look at a few federal agencies that I would like to earn an internship with, but am curious as to how it all works out. If anyone has any input as to any information relevant to this experience it is greatly appreciated. I have roughly looked at Us Park Police, USMS, and ICE, but any other agency experience is welcomed.

P.s. Do you live in a pre-determined location, or do you have to find and pay for your own place to live? What duties/ experiences occur while involved in the internship.

Comment

i did a 6 month internship with ATF. i did it at my local field office, so i didnt have to worry about a place to live. it was unpaid (as most are). i worked 9-5 monday-friday. it was well worth it. i wont get into specifics but if you have any questions or anything, just pm me.

Comment

You could do an internship at FLETC. There's a ton of interns running around down here doing everything the recruits do and they get college credit for it. From what I've been told they have to pay for their food at the chow hall, but they get a place on campus to live and per diem to offset the cost of food. Not a bad gig and it probably looks real good on a resume.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCardinal85 View Post
          You could do an internship at FLETC. There's a ton of interns running around down here doing everything the recruits do and they get college credit for it. From what I've been told they have to pay for their food at the chow hall, but they get a place on campus to live and per diem to offset the cost of food. Not a bad gig and it probably looks real good on a resume.
          That sounds sweet. do you have any experience with this one?
          "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

That sounds sweet. do you have any experience with this one?
            PM sent.

Comment

I've done 2 internships with the USMS, if you want any info from me PM me.
              Alphabet soup.....yummmmmmmm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6478 users online. 375 members and 6103 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X