300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here an FBI Police Officer?

Just found out about this position. ANyone here an FBI Police Officer?

I'm wondering why not just apply to be an Agent instead?

http://www.fbijobs.gov/126.asp

Originally posted by NextCapCop View Post

Last edited by ppttoo; 11-30-2008, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NextCapCop View Post

I think you might be misunderstanding what an FBI Police Officer is ... which seems to be a common thing amongst tourists and others who see the FBI Police cars here in DC.

An FBI Police Officer is working a Force Protection job where his/her duties are to protect the FBI Agents, FBI Employees and FBI assets in FBI headquarters and several of the large field offices. They DO NOT go out on the street and investigate crimes or respond to crimes like FBI Agents do. The two are completely different jobs.

As far as why someone would choose to be an FBI Police Officer over an FBI Agent? Well for one the FBI Police Officers dont get transfered all over the world. You will be pretty much working in DC, NYC or Chicago and that's it. While as an Agent you will be transfered all over the world during your career. Additionally the individual's interest would also come into play ... believe it or not, not everyone wants to be a Special Agent.
      Last edited by DCPSDcop; 11-21-2008, 08:01 AM.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distric...ice_Department

Comment

I work over at the Pentagon, and I have taught some DWI and other traffic related classes to FBI Police... They have VERY limited patrol duties, I think the one guy told me " we can not go more then 4 blocks away from our bldgs"... Now I know the ones who worked down at the academy get a little more patrol area, and they get to mess with recruit agents.... The one's I have had the oppertunity to talk with say the samething we do at the Pentagon "if you want to do real police work, do not go federal..Except maybe US Park Police".

Comment

Originally posted by ppttoo View Post
          ...Automatic Disqualifiers...
          "are currently delinquent (more than 30 days overdue, as opposed to not paying the balance in full when due) on any loan or revolving credit account."

Anyone with mortgage is auto DQed! That's bad.

You would be DQ'ed if you are late on the mortgage, not because you have a mortgage. There are plenty of FBI agents, new and old, that have mortgages.

Comment

I dont think there are too many FBI p/o's in chicago, if any. The majority are in the DC area, NYC Field office and some in LA.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Quantico and W.VA are the two other locations that one can work as a Uniformed FBI Police Officer.....on top of NYC, DC HQ, and DC Field Office....

Also, FBI Police Officers are not 6c covered for retirement......

I do think there are 2-3 FBI Police Officers on here......

Here is a John Walsh Recruitment video......via YouTube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69FmHyBp8lk

No mention of Chicago or any other places....other than what I listed...
              Last edited by Bearcat357; 11-21-2008, 01:49 PM. Reason: Added Video

Comment

took both, SA exam was way harder
                Last edited by psycho1000r; 10-20-2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DCPSDcop View Post
                  I think you might be misunderstanding what an FBI Police Officer is ... which seems to be a common thing amongst tourists and others who see the FBI Police cars here in DC.

An FBI Police Officer is working a Force Protection job where his/her duties are to protect the FBI Agents, FBI Employees and FBI assets in FBI headquarters and several of the large field offices. They DO NOT go out on the street and investigate crimes or respond to crimes like FBI Agents do. The two are completely different jobs.

As far as why someone would choose to be an FBI Police Officer over an FBI Agent? Well for one the FBI Police Officers dont get transfered all over the world. You will be pretty much working in DC, NYC or Chicago and that's it. While as an Agent you will be transfered all over the world during your career. Additionally the individual's interest would also come into play ... believe it or not, not everyone wants to be a Special Agent.
                  do we get to choose our posts? i want to stay in NYC will they make me move to DC? i have a family in nyc i can't move to dc or chicago...

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                    Here is a John Walsh Recruitment video......via YouTube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69FmHyBp8lk
                    I love how misleading that video is. I had a friend who worked there for a few years and absolutely hated it. Long hours of desk/entry duty, shift work, mandatory OT, being called/treated as a "guard," not being backed by the administration....she never made a single arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by flash40 View Post
                      I love how misleading that video is.
                      So do I after living in DC and getting to hear the horror stories on here from the guys that use to work there......

I use to have a small collection of recruitment vids from various agencies around the US and would roll my eyes after watching one....then talking to an officer from that Dept. and say that they were nothing like that....

Got to love the PR pukes out there....

Comment

Originally posted by billcinva View Post
                        I work over at the Pentagon, and I have taught some DWI and other traffic related classes to FBI Police... They have VERY limited patrol duties, I think the one guy told me " we can not go more then 4 blocks away from our bldgs"... Now I know the ones who worked down at the academy get a little more patrol area, and they get to mess with recruit agents.... The one's I have had the oppertunity to talk with say the samething we do at the Pentagon "if you want to do real police work, do not go federal..Except maybe US Park Police".
                        Don't US Park Rangers, US Forest Officers, BLM Rangers, USFWS Officers do real police work? Those are Federal
                        Last edited by ACO88; 02-11-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
                          Don't US Park Rangers, US Forest Officers, BLM Rangers, USFWS Officers do real police work? Those are Federal
                          Pretty sure he's referring to the DC area...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4541 users online. 309 members and 4232 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X