300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol now Peace officers

I understand that BP agents as of March are certified Peace Officers, is this true, and if so what does that mean for BP?

Thanks,
    A.Bishop

Well since there is no such thing as a federal peace officer, Im guessing you are stating that Washington state recognizes them as peace officers. Im guessing it would mean they are recognized to send cases to the local courts, being able to run traffic etc.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Yeah if its for state and local, it means traffic citations, misdemeanor arrests, etc. USPP went thru this several years ago in NY, beofre getting it, we could not take action on NYC streets except for felonies.

Comment

No it was a quick news story but it didnt go in to detail but had nothing to do with washington. just said border patrol agents are now certified Peace Officers.

Comment

Regardless if one has peace officer status in a particular state or not, Uncle Sugar is still signing the paychecks. For the most part, I don't see Uncle Sugar letting folks run with this. On a limited scope, maybe.
          Last edited by merlin436; 09-07-2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

BP and other federal agencies have had state police powers in several states for years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3236 users online. 151 members and 3085 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X